Speed Triple

cptn janks

these things are hot IMO. kind of underpowered, compared to jap (er, metric) litre bikes... but w/e... it can still take you from 0-jail in only a few seconds :)

single sided swingarm FTW

DISCUSS.

http://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2006%5C11%5C15%5Cbikepics-724072-800.jpg

http://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2006%5C11%5C15%5Cbikepics-724085-full.jpg

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2004%5C12%5C11%5Cbikepics-256617-full.jpg

I like everything about them but the headlights.

reminds me of older dirtbike's, the headlights that is.

What was that movie that the dirtbike kept losing so the owner got rid of it, a kid took it in like an abandoned bike or something, cleaned it up, and it came to life and became his best friend? Yeah, THAT bike had headlights like these. I think that bike could fly too.

oh yeah, I like the bike, kinda nekked but looks nice. How much do they go for?

It's a machine, not a suppository.

And what a machine it is.......

??i dont know what you talking about. and personally i dont think its such and amazing "machine" as you put it...For a 1000+cc bike and only puttin out 131 hp is WEAK. Its power is comparable to some 600's. ITs nice for what it is,and that is basically a touring bike.

more to a motorcycle than power.

That is why the "hooligan" bikes are popular. Very short wheel bases, stripped down, lots of wheel up fun!

Yea and im sure you bout the zx-14 for more than its power??I agree, all I am saying is that for what it is....a 1000cc bike, it should have made more power.

The ultimate hooligan bike.

linc5.0 - it's a triple so the output is going to be down some compared to other 1000s. Triumph was not concentrating on raw power, but it has a beautiful flat torque curve.

Having 170 HP is nice and all, but you can't use that much on the street.

No I ride all types of situations, what I am saying is that you can use that kind of power for any street situation or track situation....But on a road course, most people arent good enough riders to need that type of power...me included.You said you cant use 170hp on the street Im saying that is the main place I could use it.

No I ride all types of situations, what I am saying is that you can use that kind of power for any street situation or track situation....But on a road course, most people arent good enough riders to need that type of power...me included.You said you cant use 170hp on the street Im saying that is the main place I could use it.

And if you aren't able to use it on a road course that means the only time you can use it is in a straight line.

More power isn't ALWAYS better. There is a limit to what can be practically used on the street (and in race conditions).

edit: Give me a street situation that you can use 170HP. I'm curious as to what that would be, other than street racing (which we don't do here. :D)

well personally I like to drift my ass end out on on and off ramps, turns, I also like to ride wheelies at 100+(km ;) ). I also enjoy top speed, which 130hp wont cut...thats just me. P.S. I stunt ride a 600, I know what i need hp for and what i dont.

well personally I like to drift my ass end out on on and off ramps, turns, I also like to ride wheelies at 100+(km ;) ). I also enjoy top speed, which 130hp wont cut...thats just me. P.S. I stunt ride a 600, I know what i need hp for and what i dont.

Drifting on that bike would be no problem. I guess if you want to go 180+, then that bike won't cut it.

Still, a fun bike for the street.

I can use 170hp on the street and track, just not a road course. I could use as much hp as they possible when it comes to street and track.

And there we see your difference in perception. In Brittain "The Track" is not a drag strip, it is a road course.

But on a road course, most people arent good enough riders to need that type of power.

Excuse me Mr. Capirossi. :p On a road course, most people are good enough riders not to need HP to pass. Why do you think Moto GP bikes tend to only have around 200hp? Do you think the engineers can't get more? If Jordan can get 800+hp out of 2 liters, I'd think Ducatti could get 400 out of 1. F1 engine technology is actually kifed from motorcyle engines.

well personally I like to drift my ass end out on on and off ramps, turns, I also like to ride wheelies at 100+(km ;) ). I also enjoy top speed, which 130hp wont cut...thats just me.

This speaks volumes about what manner of rider you are. Your critique of this bike is based on the fact that you can't use it for your straight line/stunt sillyness. Some people lap their bikes, some people prefer Deals Gap to I-270, not everyone is amused by a straight line. That is the market.

And there we see your difference in perception. In Brittain "The Track" is not a drag strip, it is a road course.

Excuse me Mr. Capirossi. :p On a road course, most people are good enough riders not to need HP to pass. Why do you think Moto GP bikes tend to only have around 200hp? Do you think the engineers can't get more? If Jordan can get 800+hp out of 2 liters, I'd think Ducatti could get 400 out of 1. F1 engine technology is actually kifed from motorcyle engines.

This speaks volumes about what manner of rider you are. Your critique of this bike is based on the fact that you can't use it for your straight line/stunt sillyness. Some people lap their bikes, some people prefer Deals Gap to I-270, not everyone is amused by a straight line. That is the market.

First...we are not in Brittain.

Second..I clearly said I am not good enough on a road course to need 170hp...Also I was talking about someone going and doing a track day, not a professional riding a GP bike.

Third...Stunt riding is a professional sport, and I do it in closed parking lots. NOT on the highway.I had a 600cc stunt bike to stunt(not street legal)and a liter bike to ride on the street.

Fourth...I prefer Deals Gap and have road down there on prolly over 15times.

Fifth...what manner of rider I am... I take on every aspect of riding, that is what type of rider I am. I stunt, streetride, do track days, quarter mile,and would prolly auto-x a bike if they would let me.lol.

Sixth...The market is whatever the person that buys it makes it.

Do you road race ? What kinda bike you ride ?

Do you road race ? What kinda bike you ride ?

Race? Yes

Road race? Yes

Massive exposure to the sport of competitive riding? Yes

Nerdy knowlege of physics, especially as it pertains to motorsport? Yes

Ride? No. When buying a race vehicle, I had a choice between 4 wheels and 2, the car was a better deal.

I own a trail bike, it's got about 1hp, but over 150lb of torque. ;)

Eriks post was better. ;) We are not in Brittain, and we're not in Kansas either. We've got bends 'round here. I choose vehicles by how I'll use them. When I was shopping for a bike, I realized I wouldn't be doing 160mph a whole lot. I'd spend time either in traffic, or riding recreationaly. Rare would be the opportunitiy to open it up on a highway, so I cared very little for it. My ideal bike would be an ol' Monster 750, with a Tuono 1000 R a close second. So, you can see that maybe I'm a bit biased toward this kind of bike. ;)

Actually, I'll trade my thirsty race car for a Moster 750, straight up. Gas is expensive and the Jag gets 15mpg down hill.