Couldn't help but notice Amy's GT in 5.0 magazine

BuckeyeGT

Im telling you all that she is sandbaggin that car.....I have heard it has more than people think...

Daniel

Admittedly, I know nothing of Amy's car. But, why would you sandbag yourself into 10th? Whether it was 10 out of 10 or 10 out of 100 is irrelevant.

Well the event was based on a few different catagories. Not just racing. Actually drag racing is only 5% of the event. The King of The Street is based on engineering, driveability, dyno and a few other catagories. My car is without A/C and has a very stiff clutch and 10 pt cage. So that takes big hits on "The street car approach"

The event was a awesome one to attend and I felt honored to even get picked out of all the people who applied to get in the challenge.

There were some amazing shop cars there and I think I did pretty well considering what I was competing against. If you take time to read the article you can see what the other competitors had to compete with.

Great event, amazning cars. But I will say this I was the only one to drive my car on and off the track porperty, cruise around and not have my "garage queen" sit under a car cover all night. It is a street car event and thats what I had at the time.

i do have to admit she was the only one who drove her car to and from the hotel as where everyone else loaded theirs on their enclosed trailers everynight, and she did outdrive them when it came to the drag race part of it. most of them could not handle their cars on the strip for the power they were making. and to even be picked for that event was an acomplishment in itself, because thousands of people put their application in for that competition, so for hers to be picked as one of the top ten mustangs is a really big deal. so yeah she might have finished tenth, but it was tenth out of the thousands that applied. so yes her car is reconized as one of the top ten street mustangs in the country. good job amy and keep it up.

i do have to admit she was the only one who drove her car to and from the hotel as where everyone else loaded theirs on their enclosed trailers everynight, and she did outdrive them when it came to the drag race part of it. most of them could not handle their cars on the strip for the power they were making. and to even be picked for that event was an acomplishment in itself, because thousands of people put their application in for that competition, so for hers to be picked as one of the top ten mustangs is a really big deal. so yeah she might have finished tenth, but it was tenth out of the thousands that applied. so yes her car is reconized as one of the top ten street mustangs in the country. good job amy and keep it up.

Thank you Tony for the positive words. Least ole Betty didn't blow up a piston like the Hellion car I raced and beat that laid down 900+ hp :-P lol

Sam atleast amy's made it in the magazine.

Thank ya Sam!! :-)

and if you remember no one wanted to line up against you, i thought that was pretty damn funny. it was alot of fun, and i just had a gut feeling that the bullitt was going to win. even though he had to add loose ballast in the trunk to try to get it to hook and still only went mid 11s.

So it ran long enough to actually finish the competition......amazing!

haha I was wondering where you been. Yup it actually made it down the whole track. :-) Hope all has been good with you. Hows the Buick running these days?

and if you remember no one wanted to line up against you, i thought that was pretty damn funny. it was alot of fun, and i just had a gut feeling that the bullitt was going to win. even though he had to add loose ballast in the trunk to try to get it to hook and still only went mid 11s.

I did think that was pretty damn funny. Ya I knew the Bullitt was gonna win.. that shop won last year. But just like Damon said.. I was the only "true" street driven, non-shop car there. Just too bad all of us couldnt have raced on that night instead of the next morning. Would have been a fast pass I think.. well least MPH wise since those Nittos sucked ass... but hey free tires :-) so cant complain. Still was a fun event with some badass cars and racing!