valve jobs

Mike_Shepard

Guest gdrenovas
Phillips Racing Engines does a great job, but that's probably the Mike you were referring to. If not, his shop is in Grove City, and they do very good work. They built the head for my Scirocco last year and did great job.

Yea I called M&M while Mike was at lunch. Lets just say his guy answering the phone needs Fired..

Him Hello M&M

Me Hey is Mike around?

Him No he's at lunch.

Me Well maybe you can help me then, I (cut off by him

Him Nope I dought that I can help you at all....

So I call beck later and Mike Seems like a great guy. And pretty reasonable too.

I have a 4G63 rotating assem, with him for over a month....I was told it would be less than 5 days...... :(

Daniel

I was told 3 weeks and it ended up 5 months. Whenever he said he needed a part, it was there quickly, I drove to Cincy for a head, he had it in 3 days from when he said he needed it. Mike also knew I had 3 more engines waiting for him after he got this one done. Needless to say, they went elsewhere. But, 0 problems with this one after a year.

The other engine he did came apart pretty quickly, the fourth time it was used. 3 other independent engine buiders said that the rod bolts were way over torqued. Destroyed the block, crank, rods, pistons, and oil pan.

I was told 3 weeks and it ended up 5 months. Whenever he said he needed a part, it was there quickly, I drove to Cincy for a head, he had it in 3 days from when he said he needed it. Mike also knew I had 3 more engines waiting for him after he got this one done. Needless to say, they went elsewhere. But, 0 problems with this one after a year.

The other engine he did came apart pretty quickly, the fourth time it was used. 3 other independent engine buiders said that the rod bolts were way over torqued. Destroyed the block, crank, rods, pistons, and oil pan.

it could also help that my father delt with them for a while and gave them a shit ton of work. Other than that I would say Mike is the shit and a very nice guy.

• 1 month later...