I hate TruGreen Chemlawn

TimTaylor751647545500

Two years ago I had purchased lawn care service from TruGreen Chemlawn for a season of 6 spray applications for my yard. Once those had expired, I had no real desire to continue with their service as it was over $50 each instance. About a month after the last application, I get another bill (they had sprayed again without permission or me making a contract extension). I call to dispute the billing and they informed me that they automatically continue with the service and the billings until you actually cancel them. What I had originally purchased was a special offer of the 6 applications, not continued on-going service. I promptly canceled their service at that point and was waved the last fee.

Fast forward to last winter, I began getting calls and mailings about purchasing their service in the spring again and informed them I was not interested. Mostly because these calls would come during the day while I am asleep (I work nights). I HATE getting woke up during the day while I'm sleeping...does not go over well with me. Again, called their office and requested no more contact.

3 weeks ago, another damn phone call during the day, but I was off this time, so I discussed my displeasure about their hounding with their new manager of the local office. Requested (for the 3rd time) to no longer receive any calls or mailings about their service. She promises to update my record reflecting this request. Within the same week, I receive yet another flier. Talk to corporate and make the same request to them (#4 for those keeping track) and again, I get the same promises after being notified they never updated my file.

Literally the very next day, I get a call from the local office again from a sales rep, "Yes, Mr. Taylor...we were informed you contacted our corporate office about purchasing our service" WTF...are you kidding me? I ripped into this guy and made request #5.

Today: Fast asleep after having worked last night...I am woken up by the sound of the doorbell ringing. I just rolled over and fell back to sleep. Guess who actually came to my residence and left another damn flier :lol: Just got off the phone with them again and their 2nd new manager of this year informed me that nothing was documented on my file in regards to solicitations. I am livid at this point and after laying into him for a couple of minutes, I am made the same promises as before.

At what point can you actually consider this harassment? Seriously..because I'm f'g fed up with this company.

The company is notorious for not listening to the word NO. The funny thing is they would get my wife who would tell them No, then they would call me the next day and say "we talked to your wife and have you signed up for X service, when would be a good time to come out?". We got a free insect guard around our house b/c they tried that crap.

They leave flyers on my door at least once a month. Every 2-3 weeks I get a letter from them "The previous owner used us... blah blah blah.... Everyone on your street uses us... ETC". Thank God I don't have a home phone for them to call me.

And I have never requested nor called them about their service. Yes they don't give up. They started when I moved into this house.

They've been doing my lawn for 7 or so years. I got them the first time because the house was full of weeds. I only told them I wanted just the weeds done. $29 bucks for my entire house (lol).

What DOES piss me off about them is the bullshit $50 grub control, the $50 winter service. blah blah. They never call be before coming out. I keep telling them to CALL me when they're going to come out, but they don't.

They've been doing my lawn for 7 or so years. I got them the first time because the house was full of weeds. I only told them I wanted just the weeds done. $29 bucks for my entire house (lol).

What DOES piss me off about them is the bullshit $50 grub control, the $50 winter service. blah blah. They never call be before coming out. I keep telling them to CALL me when they're going to come out, but they don't.

Isn't that kind of illegal?

Lol sounds about right. In the last few years they've even just showed up and done my yard without anyone permission and then tried to say my wife ordered it. I just tell them were to stick it, thanks for killing my grass, and let them know that my wife works at the bank we use and not to even bother billing us because its not happening.

They do it every few months during the summer, its nuts and something needs done.

Evan.

Isn't that kind of illegal?

probably.

One thing you people can do is go to their web site and create an account for you. Online it will show you when they will be coming out and what they're going to do. It's been a while since I logged into it. I'm not sure, but you might be able to cancel the treatment or what not online.

Guest Removed

I hate TruGreen Chemlawn

plus 1

fuckers never did my back yard last year, and was pretty much like ...well sorry, but i can only give you $50 off for next year...fuck truegreen

Scotts is the way to go. You should see the VP's lawn. Oh and Eric Claptons too.

My nieghbor uses scotts service and is already looking good. I do my yard myself and use scott products and I can see a big difference between our yards.