Need brake work....

Dr. Apex

Who on here works at a shop locally that can do my front brakes on my Pathfinder?? Preferrably on the north end and this saturday morning.

I've been getting too many different quotes and stories about what parts I need and am frustrated. I've been quoted from $225 to $460 just to do new front pads/rotors!?! :mad:

wtf, why would it take 3-4 just to do rotors?

It doesn't. A trained tech can do all 4 pads and rotors in 30 mins or less.

The "book" (Chilton is most common) is an industry standard time study. They publish times that an average technician, working with hand tools, would be able to complete the job. All shops, stealerships, and shadetrees can use these times to remain competative simply applying there shop rate to the Chilton book hours.

For jobs such as this brake job, dealerships will often drop their hourly rates, yet pay the tech the chilton falt rate hours knowing that they will beat the chilton time by far, allowing for higher overall daily efficiency, and being competative with the Meineke's (17 year old apprentice) rate of $50 a flat rate.

It doesn't. A trained tech can do all 4 pads and rotors in 30 mins or less.

The "book" (Chilton is most common) is an industry standard time study. They publish times that an average technician, working with hand tools, would be able to complete the job. All shops, stealerships, and shadetrees can use these times to remain competative simply applying there shop rate to the Chilton book hours.

For jobs such as this brake job, dealerships will often drop their hourly rates, yet pay the tech the chilton falt rate hours knowing that they will beat the chilton time by far, allowing for higher overall daily efficiency, and being competative with the Meineke's (17 year old apprentice) rate of $50 a flat rate.

Exactly!! It doesn't take that much to do it, I'd do it myself except I lack the neccessary tools and time to do it. One place even said my truck had special rotors that had packed bearings in them and were special order...... :bs:

It is THEIR not THERE, dumbass!

The Grammar Nazi utilizes "self ownage". Film at eleven. :p

Good one stupid!! That's an easy one to screw up, I have to sit and think about it almost every time I use the words their, there, and they're.

Now help me fix my brakes dammit!!! :D

Guest Removed
if you need any help let me know i just did brakes on two different ford taurus' today and a v6 mustang brakes are easy

go do some on a navigator/expodetion(sp) then get back too me.

or the older 4x4 exploders, 2x4 mazda pickups where you have too press the rotor off the hub, or some of the late 90s honda accords.

but your a pro at brakes now cause youve done 2 sets. :rolleyes:

salary >me

me= flat rate

back in the day= commision(it only sucked if it was real slow)

Guest Removed
heres a treat for ya, while some shops may seem overpriced, this is a quote straight from mitchell on demand where alot of places do their quotes

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/Turborust/quote.jpg

damn 85 a hour.. :eek:

we need too raise our prices, shit..we are at $66/hour

dont forget the repack the bearings, grease seals, shop supplies etc.

stop leaving shit out. :p

Ben if you don't get them done this weekend I may be able to do them next weekend. I need to see my work schedule, but if I'm open you can drop it by with the parts and I'll take care of it for ya.