Motorcycle catches fire

CbrGirl

http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.a ... -0002.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A man was severely burned early Thursday morning after a motorcycle crash on a Central Ohio freeway.

The crash occurred on state Route 315 near North Broadway at about 3:30 a.m., NBC 4's David Wayne reported.

According to authorities, three men on motorcycles were riding beside one another on 315 when one of the bikes crashed into the back of an SUV, breaking out the vehicle's rear window.

The motorcycle and the man riding it both caught fire during the crash, while the other two riders sped away.

A witness told police she saw the injured rider try to escape the flames.

"He pulled his clothes off; he was on fire," said Peggy Howard. "He took off running and he was bleeding."

The man ran into a patch of nearby woods, but was later found by responding police and medics. Meanwhile, firefighters arrived at the scene doused the still-smoldering motorcycle.

The man was transported to a local hospital with second-degree burns.

Authorities did not immediately release his name, or updates on his condition. There was also no word if charges would be filed against him.

Stay with NBC 4 and refresh nbc4i.com for additional information.

http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.a ... -0002.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A man was severely burned early Thursday morning after a motorcycle crash on a Central Ohio freeway.

The crash occurred on state Route 315 near North Broadway at about 3:30 a.m., NBC 4's David Wayne reported.

According to authorities, three men on motorcycles were riding beside one another on 315 when one of the bikes crashed into the back of an SUV, breaking out the vehicle's rear window.

The motorcycle and the man riding it both caught fire during the crash, while the other two riders sped away.

A witness told police she saw the injured rider try to escape the flames.

"He pulled his clothes off; he was on fire," said Peggy Howard. "He took off running and he was bleeding."

The man ran into a patch of nearby woods, but was later found by responding police and medics. Meanwhile, firefighters arrived at the scene doused the still-smoldering motorcycle.

The man was transported to a local hospital with second-degree burns.

Authorities did not immediately release his name, or updates on his condition. There was also no word if charges would be filed against him.

Stay with NBC 4 and refresh nbc4i.com for additional information.

Damn, that's fucked up. I hope those weren't his friends that he was riding with if they left him like the article says.

Hope he pulls through ok.

Those guys wouldn't be my friends anymore if they left me after a crash. If I got pulled over and they didn't want to stop, that's fine, but ditch me when I'm down, I will HATE you!

BTW, that's fucked up with the fire...poor kid/guy. :dunno:

If I got pulled over and they didn't want to stop, that's fine

Agreed!

I dont care if I had never seen the person before, I would never leave a fallen rider to burn. Hell I dont care if he just fliped me the bird and called me a pussy at the last traffic light, If someone goes down, you dont leave them for dead. Thats so fucked up. I almost wonder if the other two riders caused/had something to do with the wreck

If I got pulled over and they didn't want to stop, that's fine

Agreed!

I dont care if I had never seen the person before, I would never leave a fallen rider to burn. Hell I dont care if he just fliped me the bird and called me a pussy at the last traffic light, If someone goes down, you dont leave them for dead. Thats so fucked up. I almost wonder if the other two riders caused/had something to do with the wreck

Yeah. I'm completely with you on that.

I'm on a slow bike.. leave me to get the ticket.. fine. Leave me wrecked or on fire.. and we have problems.

I guess i will have to agree with everyone on this, leave me on fire, and i would be pissed!!!! i would kick his "friends" ass for him since it sounds like he's going to be laid up for a while. thats some fucked up shit :nono: