06/07 R6 riders?

Scotty2Hotty

Why are Buells a POS? When H-D/Buell offers a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty on something, it speaks volumes. As does Ducatti and Triumph

That's just it. It's a Harley trying to be a sport bike. I dont have a bike but even I know my first bike will not be a buell. I've heard stories of having to redline the bike just to keep up with a group of sport bikes who are cruising.

A warranty on a bike isn't even all that important. Think of it, if you buy a bike in Columbus or a similar area where the weather is not always garanteed riding weather your not going to be screwed for transportation if it breaks. Most likely you will just drive your car and either wait until you have the funds to fix it or take it to a private shop/friend to get it fixed.

Why are Buells a POS? When H-D/Buell offers a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty on something, it speaks volumes. As does Ducatti and Triumph

The difference is that other manufactors stand by the warranty. BUELL does NOT after you have been back for the same problem more than once. Several people have gone through this. Search the BUELL boards for the nightmares... :mad:

Guest JWLane

It's not about the convenience of a repair. It's about the willingness of a manufacturer to back their product. The metric bikes are almost all year if I remember correctly.

Busa, mine's an 05 and I haven't had any problems other than a TPS sensor needing reset. Most of the Buells are plenty reliable, the internet allows one person to make a huge influence. This is the first I've heard of Buell not covering stuff, me thinks that more of a concern about individual service departments. There's alot of resentment from some Harley dealers about selling Buell. I'll drive to Cleveland before letting a dealer around here touch my bike. If you get on http://www.badweatherbikers.com, you'll see ALOT of issues being resolved out of warranty, etc by Buell. Buell in and of itself reacts VERY quickly to customer concerns and have been pleasantly surprised by the customer service.

Carl, a Buell will do 145 on stock gearing. It'll pull the wheel in the first four gears, and it's powerband is torquey and wide. I wanted a bike that was practical, powerful without having to rev to the moon, unique, good handler and alot of fun. I got it all in a Buell without my wrists hurting. I'm not putting down the CBRGSXRYZF Hondayamahsuzukikawsakis, but my bike suits me and I keep up just fine with the sportbikes in the twisties.

"Buell: When you just don't fit in"

To each their own, buy something that fits your intended purpose and you'll ride the shit out of it.

• 2 weeks later...