and Ford wonders why they are struggling

Skinner

Good for him if he can get that package. Maybe Ford would be making money if they were not subject to the UAW. The UAW and the gross over payment of unskilled labor has hindered the American auto industry more than CEO salaries. Look at Toyota and Honda, they do not pay as much per hour, and do not have health and welfare cost like the big three do. Therefore more money goes to building a better product.

I have a patient that is an engineer at Rolls Royce in Mt. Vernon. She worked for GM for many years, until being laid off two years ago. We were just talking about this subject two days ago, she told me stories about Janitors that make 100K with overtime, just to clean the crapper. Something is wrong when the Janitor is making more than the engineers.

Completely true story.....I have a cousin that made over $85k as a maint. worker in a GM Plant. His buyout was pretty good too and now he's off working a regular job because after all those years he no longer needs the bigger bucks. His kids are grown, house paid, etc....I'm glad for him in one breath, but can't help but say WTF either.

Good for him if he can get that package. Maybe Ford would be making money if they were not subject to the UAW. The UAW and the gross over payment of unskilled labor has hindered the American auto industry more than CEO salaries. Look at Toyota and Honda, they do not pay as much per hour, and do not have health and welfare cost like the big three do. Therefore more money goes to building a better product.

I have a patient that is an engineer at Rolls Royce in Mt. Vernon. She worked for GM for many years, until being laid off two years ago. We were just talking about this subject two days ago, she told me stories about Janitors that make 100K with overtime, just to clean the crapper. Something is wrong when the Janitor is making more than the engineers.