Mudvayne to Hell Yeah ??

Buck531

Yes, I've known about this for a while. Sirius started playing their song months before it was released anywhere. I guess their album comes out pretty soon too.

But how can you go from THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrBONyFBePc

with paint/make up, etc.

to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S7I3e1FJAk

in a cowboy hat.

I've a fan of both bands. More of the new Hell Yeah.. mainly because I'm a big Pantera fan and like Vinny. RIP Dime.

Anyone have any other opinons/thoughts?

I am not a fan of Hell Yeah at all. After hearing about the lineup, I had high hopes. I like Mudvayne's "L.D.50" album A LOT, but didn't like much of what was coming out after that. Vinnie is too bad ass of a drummer to be playing this lame shit. It just sounds like the rest of the crap the Blitz plays these days.

I am not a fan of Hell Yeah at all. After hearing about the lineup, I had high hopes. I like Mudvayne's "L.D.50" album A LOT, but didn't like much of what was coming out after that. Vinnie is too bad ass of a drummer to be playing this lame shit. It just sounds like the rest of the crap the Blitz plays these days.

True. I dont' listen to the blitz though, I do see what you're saying.

It just about sounds like Mudvayne with his voice.

My main comment is how can chad go from the painted face dude to a dude wearing a cowboy hat?

Oh well.

Who's the guitarist and where did he come from? Any noteworthy band?

He's the guitarist in Mudvayne.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/64/Mudvayne-gurrg.jpg/200px-Mudvayne-gurrg.jpg

Quite the transformation. I'm kinda surprised Vinnie wouldn't be offended by these guys stealing his style

There's another guitarist, too. I like Mudvayne and Pantera so it's just natural for me to like Hell Yeah. Chad said in some interview the painted faces were to get them noticed. Once they were in the industry the faces came off.

It just sounds like the rest of the crap the Blitz plays these days.

I don't listen to the radio anymore because of this...exception, I occasionally listen to 96.3. 95% of music today is the same, verse, chorus, verse, chorus'd bridge, nothing special 4 bar solo, verse, chorus...all with angry lyrics on top saying how much they hate home, etc. I've found myself listening to Muse a lot lately, after being a rock junkie for how long I've listened to music; IE Metallica Motorhead, RATM, Nirvana, Probot, Pantera, ACDC, Megadeth, STP, the like.

I'm kinda surprised Vinnie wouldn't be offended by these guys stealing his style

Pantera started off playing shit like KISS. It wasn't until after Metallica had music out that they started playing more thrash. So I guess you could say James Hetfield should be pissed.

Pantera started off playing shit like KISS. It wasn't until after Metallica had music out that they started playing more thrash. So I guess you could say James Hetfield should be pissed.

I'm not talking about music style. I'm talking about the way he dresses. This doesn't sound anything like Pantera.