Weight Lifters

Guest Hal

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you sure are giving alot on info to someone who has stated he knows all about it and has been lifing longer than you

Interesting opinion you have. I have never met someone that knows it all. He stated he's having trouble in the shirt from lack of experience in it. I happen to have experience in the shirt he wants to use (but oh noes he's been lifting longer!!) Let's see, I was invited to train at Westside at 16yrs old, have set multiple state records, benched over 500 at 181 bwt, trained a national champion and 800+ lb bencher, have trained with the people who make this shirts, etc... Need I go on about my lack of experience or knowledge on the subject, or is that ok?

I'm big into lifting, been going for powerlifting lately, as bodybuilding bores me, gotta be strong and not just look strong.

ive been training RAW, but want to be working on using gear (mainly shirt).

i compete (no sanctioned meets yet) in the 165lb class

should have a 1100 raw total (gym), have pulled 405 and benched 350 raw last meet i did at a 161lb BW. got 370 raw bench two weeks ago at 170lb BW.

havent worked to much in my shirt F6, im getting the groove better in it but havent got it to touch yet as ive only loaded up 405 in it.

im working on benching 3X my BW raw and 4X BW shirted. long way to go though.

3x raw will be insane, 4x shirted puts you as one of the best in the world. F6 works much in the way the rage x does. They are very close in design and angle. If you want, I'll offer the same assistance to you that I did 10sec93. Also, if you want to try denim I have a closed back and open back you could try.

i used to lift in high school alot, but got a job stocking drywall after i graduated so i quit. i just started again at lifestyle. i wouldnt call my self serious at this point but it would be nice to lift with somone that knows whats theyre doing. so Hal if you ever want company let me know

i just don't understand shirts and straps that allow people to lift more weight. if i developed a mechanical bar that attached to my arms that allowed me to lift 1000lbs, should i tell people i can bench 1000lbs?--maybe i'm just a purist. i've been lifting on and off recreationally for 15 years--met my wife in the gym (jesse owens south), so i guess i used to be a gym rat.

Shirts require something completely different than "pure strength" you have to be able to control the shirt to lift. Someone who just puts one on and has no idea what to do will usually bench less, or injure themselves. The raw vs equipped argument goes on all the time. The one thing people have to realize is that they are two completely different things.

3x raw will be insane, 4x shirted puts you as one of the best in the world. F6 works much in the way the rage x does. They are very close in design and angle. If you want, I'll offer the same assistance to you that I did 10sec93. Also, if you want to try denim I have a closed back and open back you could try.

yes i do wanna be one of the best :)

id love for someone to help me on my shirt some time.

Ive talked to Mike Wolfe and he said he was going to help me out with it and give me some pointers (along with some other people) but we havent sent a date to do it yet.

id just like to learn my F6 for now, if i could get a hundred pounds out of it id be tickled, lately since i havent had any one to help me ive been focusing on my raw max, trying to get the 4pps bench.

i just don't understand shirts and straps that allow people to lift more weight. if i developed a mechanical bar that attached to my arms that allowed me to lift 1000lbs, should i tell people i can bench 1000lbs?--maybe i'm just a purist. i've been lifting on and off recreationally for 15 years--met my wife in the gym (jesse owens south), so i guess i used to be a gym rat.

if it was just as easy as throwing on the shirt and lifting more weight, you have to devolop your muscles differently and form, i cant get anything out of a shirt yet cause i dont know it.

its like saying using nitrous or FI is cheating cause your engine isnt NA.

Just wondering if there are any serious weight lifters on here other than myself and 10sec93. It would be interesting to get a CR training day or meet setup.

If you happen do be a serious lifter, are you a gear user (bench shirts, squat suits, etc...) or a raw lifter? What type of style do you train? Bodybuilder or powerlifter?

when did you start training again???? I havent touched a weight in a year. Im going through withdraw

Interesting opinion you have. I have never met someone that knows it all. He stated he's having trouble in the shirt from lack of experience in it. I happen to have experience in the shirt he wants to use (but oh noes he's been lifting longer!!) Let's see, I was invited to train at Westside at 16yrs old, have set multiple state records, benched over 500 at 181 bwt, trained a national champion and 800+ lb bencher, have trained with the people who make this shirts, etc... Need I go on about my lack of experience or knowledge on the subject, or is that ok?

Has also trained a kid to bench 395 at 167lbs and 17 years of age RAW!!! O YEA....

i guess if its who you know or have trained with then thats all that matters at one point in time i was being trained by Mike ruggierio one of the strongest men in the world and have met a ton of the world class lifters but its whatever at this point if there is a meet we will let the weight talk

i guess if its who you know or have trained with then thats all that matters at one point in time i was being trained by Mike ruggierio one of the strongest men in the world and have met a ton of the world class lifters but its whatever at this point if there is a meet we will let the weight talk

What ever light weight

yes i do wanna be one of the best :)

id love for someone to help me on my shirt some time.

Ive talked to Mike Wolfe and he said he was going to help me out with it and give me some pointers (along with some other people) but we havent sent a date to do it yet.

id just like to learn my F6 for now, if i could get a hundred pounds out of it id be tickled, lately since i havent had any one to help me ive been focusing on my raw max, trying to get the 4pps bench.

Mike is a great guy, he is one of the most helpful I've met. I can come by on one of your max effort days and see what we can do with the shirt.

Ok, let the weight talk. 18 years old (haven't lifted in a year), 181 body weight, 550# bench. Oh, and you questioned my knowledge/experience. I didn't only say who I trained with, but also who I trained. If you really want to compete with me, I'll go start training again and show you how it's done.

when did you start training again???? I havent touched a weight in a year. Im going through withdraw

I haven't, I lifted a few weeks ago. I was just doing some reps at 225. I think I will start training again though. I need to see if my shirts fit soon. I didn't plan on training shirted again, but, if it needs done I'll do it. 1 year older, 20lbs heavier, let's see what I push this time.