Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

Lifting during a weight cut is about the most soul - crushing thing for me. Any progress adding weight to the bar immediately halts. Then you start missing reps. Then the slow but steady decline of months and years worth of labor under the bar.

Emotionally painful, but a 38" waist is not how I want to ring in my thirties.

You may be cutting too much if you're having issues lifting. 

You may be cutting too much if you're having issues lifting.

Either cutting too much or too high volume of training while on a cut.

Been on a cut since January still setting pr's.

Before I knew a lot about nutrition I would try to "diet" and all my lifts would suffer.

I havent sweated that much since high school. When doing planks I had about 4 drops of sweat drop off my nose in a 20 second time period.

Forgot to mention diet. I havent changed a whole lot there. I try to make healthier decisions and cut out some thing I knew are bad for me but I dont really want to lose much weight anyways.

Edited by Jester_

Ended up doing:

6x10 tricep press @ 100lbs, made it seven reps into a seventh set when my form started to suffer so I cut it short.

6x10 lat pulldowns @ 130, 2x10 @ 160

3x12 @ 115 military/vertical press

2 miles on a stationary bike afterwards, high resistance.

Apparently my gym doesn't have a cable row machine?? Crazy.

Went to a different gym than I normally go to today, they had a different brand of equipment, so I was the girl reading the instructions on every piece of equipment I used, lol. 

I was sad to find out that my arms are super weak! I had to use 90lbs assist on dips whereas I was only using 75lbs before, and I had to cut my reps to 5 instead of 10.  sad stories.

the good news: I can do 1 whole push up now (not a lady pushup, I can do 15 of those)! haha.

A couple of years ago my neighbors talked my wife into signing up for a half marathon. It took 4 or 5 beers until they could talk me into it. We have since ran 4 half marathons together, and we are scheduled for our 5th in May. I don't particularly like running, but I really enjoy the benefits. At this stage in life, I will never be big and strong. I just want to be healthy and fit. Good luck to all that work on their fitness and health. It is one of the key predictors of contentment in life.

A couple of years ago my neighbors talked my wife into signing up for a half marathon. It took 4 or 5 beers until they could talk me into it. We have since ran 4 half marathons together, and we are scheduled for our 5th in May. I don't particularly like running, but I really enjoy the benefits. At this stage in life, I will never be big and strong. I just want to be healthy and fit. Good luck to all that work on their fitness and health. It is one of the key predictors of contentment in life.

Don't say never

---- tried posting a video but the link isn't showing.

There was a 91 year old last week in a powerlifting competition in Europe. Deadlifted 286

Edited by rawlins87

In columbus?

Hit pf after work tonight and put in 20 min on the elliptical again and the 30 minute circuit training. Upped the weight this time and blasted my delts lats and pecs. Last time this routine gave me the all over sore for a few days, hoping my recovery time improves so I can get back on it. It's gotten to the point now where I enjoy my time at the gym and look forward to it. Down 10 lbs and feel great. So much more energy and I feel good about myself knowing I'm doing something about my weight and more importantly my health.

• Upvote 1

Had to quit the elliptical because my natural gait didn't match it and I was getting pain in my right knee and numb toes as a result. Switched to an arc trainer and no more knee pain. Did 30 min arc plus 15 min circuit training earlier today, plus 150 crunches (50 straight, 50 each side cross ways) and 50 leg lifts plus 2 minutes plank. Gonna be sore tomorrow.