For those who buy goods online

XChris1632X

I have bought a lot of stuff online from businesses and also privately but I always use paypal. I got a good deal on an exhaust and intake for my yfz450 but the guy says he can not take paypal but can take a money order and gave me his address. I am nervous about just sending this much money halfway around the east coast. My paypal is supposed to guarantee my money when I send it but what guarantee will I have with a money order? He seems legit and has been around this forum for awhile but I just wanted to see what some other people thought before I did it. Regardless of how good of a deal it is looking it wont be any kind of deal when I get nothing in return.

Get a MO from the Post Office, if you don't receive goods then you can talk to the post office and they will assist you for not receiving goods. I have done this before and never had to complain the the PO but I won't buy my MO anywhere but there.

I just had the same thing happen to me with and on line purchase. Here's the email and it tells of a place called bidpay.

"Yes, you are correct that we no longer accept Paypal for these types of purchases.

It is no trouble at all, but we would like to take a moment to explain to you why we switched payment methods.

Paypal has rejected payments for diet supplements in the past citing these items as "unacceptable" purchases under their "acceptable use policy".

In order to avoid customer frustration and inconvenience due to this PayPal policy, we switched to Bidpay which is another ebay approved payment method. Like Paypal, they are also 100% free to use and they also have buyer protection.

I would also like to assure you that we are a very reputible business. We were just approved for our very own merchant account this past Monday which will allow us to directly accept major credit cards and debit cards with a logo over the phone, online or by email.

We feel merchant accounts are far more credible, because business owners (like us) have to undergo a criminal background check, personal & business credit check, personal identification verification, business financial verification, personal financial verification and fingerprinting.

Almost anyone can open an online account to accept payments. However, to open an independent merchant account through a local established financial institution, we feel is far more credible.

If you would still like to cancel your order, we will submit a request to ebay to do so.

Please inform us of your final decision and we will honor your request."

Seems a few people are changing from paypal.