New Z06 vs New Viper

Guest Ponyfreak

I think Marc meant to imply that the S/C was installed at the Dodge dealership and warrantaried in a fashion as though it was from the factory.

Thank you good sir. :cool:

Got-Busa? - I'm sorry I didn't clairify myself so that know-it-all ass clowns such as you could understand. My bad. :rolleyes:

-Marc

This will be a good post for me to jump into. :) Well first, mine is certainly a Woodhouse car with their Paxton Unit installed.

I raced mark in his stock C6 Z06 and while I pulled fairly decent, it wasn't an easy race at all. He got a slight jump on me one race and all i did was stay w/ him. The other times I pulled decent, but nothing crazy. The problem with the stock paxton units is the intercoolers are way too small and if you look at my dyno graphs I posted before, I'm getting a lot of belt slip. Both problems, I hope to have fixed in the next couple weeks. :)

As far as the 08 Vipers go, only reason I didnt buy one is because it's the first year with all those changes to the motor, and I heard a completely new body style is due out in 2010. Stupid to wait for an 09 when a new one comes out in 2010 or 2011. That and besides the additional HP, the only change is the hood. Plus getting 15k off sticker vs. paying sticker was much more attractive. :D

As far as the blue devil, rumor now puts the HP more around 600 instead of 650 like we've been hearing for so long. Keep in mind this is Supercharged HP, it's completely different then NA HP. Just like what was mentioned up top, I dyno'd at 666rwhp and barely pulled on a stock C6 Z06(granted I did have some issues). When he does his cam/headers tune, he'll still dyno 100 less rwhp then me, but I don't think I'll be able to beat him with my current set up. Same goes for the Blue Devil, except they are pulling displacement and making the motor itself have less hp and then boosting it with a roots type supercharger(better for drag racing and easier install for a factory car). I bet the cars only run .5 tenths faster then the current Z06, if that.

New Viper, I bet mags get 11.5-11.7's. Mag's will get the Blue Devil at about a 11.2-11.5. (Excluding type specific mags like GMHTP)

So much info about both of these cars out there. Can't wait for them to hit the streets. Real question is, how long till someone says enough is enough and car's don't need to be made with 1,000 Horsepower? Back in 93 when the Z28 came out running 14.3's people were amazed at how fast the cars were. Today, only 14 years later, you have full size Escalades running 14.5's. Diesel trucks running 11's, and just about any family car runs atleast 13's.

Jason

You know actually, I'm really disappointed in my supercharger overall. Going into it, I really never knew the difference between a supercharger, turbo, or NA horsepower numbers. They should make the blue devil a Turbo car!! That would be insane. Oh and MPH on the above. I'd say the blue devil only traps 3-4 mph more then the Z06, depending how much they lighten it of course.

Guest Ponyfreak
You know actually, I'm really disappointed in my supercharger overall. Going into it, I really never knew the difference between a supercharger, turbo, or NA horsepower numbers. They should make the blue devil a Turbo car!! That would be insane. Oh and MPH on the above. I'd say the blue devil only traps 3-4 mph more then the Z06, depending how much they lighten it of course.

I had a JT trim on my car and made ~740@ 10psi. If you want to see what a Viper can do with a Turbo PM me your contact info. Be prepared, after you ride in a turbo'd car your supercharged car will feel like a slow turd from then on.

Guest Removed
How is the blue devil going to stack up against the Viper?

blue devil was around when i was working at GM.they use that car too test new ideas.

they mention the idea of production and the vette guys get all squirrely. :rolleyes:

That's like saying all Vette's are slow.

It all depends on the driver just like anything else. They have gone 11's stock and low 12's are the norm.

Once you toss the run-crap tires they are 11-second cars ALL DAY..... ;)

all vettes are slow. just like vipers, they all get killer traps, with no et too back them up. whats the sense in running in the 130+ range, if you only trapping high 10's...that is just weak sauce.

if someone ever takes and puts a soild axle under one, and a glide, caged etc. then we might see some interesting et's out of one.

Guest Ponyfreak
all vettes are slow. just like vipers, they all get killer traps, with no et too back them up. whats the sense in running in the 130+ range, if you only trapping high 10's...that is just weak sauce.

if someone ever takes and puts a soild axle under one, and a glide, caged etc. then we might see some interesting et's out of one.

Why do Vipers need a solid axle or a glide? There are 3-4 7 second Vipers running the IRS with a few Mark Williams pieces including one factory upgraded T-56 car. All Vipers need are sticky tires and a good track. The three fastest IRS 6 speed cars in the world are Vipers.

Guest Ponyfreak
i was speaking of drag vettes...

only 3-4. big number there :rolleyes:

3-4 is a big number. That is 3-4 MORE cars running 7's with IRS than any other car.

There are tons of 8-9 second IRS Vipers. There are only a handfull of people that want to install the safety equipment necessary to run a 7 second run.

Keep in mind there as far more vettes built in one year (31,000 in 98) than there were Vipers built in 11 years. (19,XXX) from 92-03.

Not very many people want to cage, chute, and get that extreme with that rare of a car.

http://ivr.viperclub.org/build.php

Thank you good sir. :cool:

Got-Busa? - I'm sorry I didn't clairify myself so that know-it-all ass clowns such as you could understand. My bad. :rolleyes:

-Marc

I'm a know-it-all ass clown because I posted correct info. Piss off shitbrick! No need to be a dick over something so simple but I guess this is the response you were looking for.... :rolleyes:

Maybe if you said what you meant, we wouldn't have to be mind readers.... :finger:

There is more to a car than the ET. If you were a real enthusiest, you would see that the trap speed shows that the power is there. Just because it doesn't have slicks and a powerglide doesn't mean it still won't run. :jerkit:

Not everyone is into 1/4-mile and low ET. Try roll racing, 1-mile events, auto-x, roadcourse, etc.... Some want a car that can do ALL of them well and still be daily driven if they want to.... :thumbup:

P.S....I guess 7's on the factory IRS isn't interesting.... :rolleyes:

Guest Removed

P.S....I guess 7's on the factory IRS isn't interesting.... :rolleyes:

NOT A DAMN BIT

this is more interesting then irs

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/funny%20shit/stool3.jpg

Ill race you too the bar.