Shooting at VA Tech

Oo0martelle0oO

What a sick fuck. This is one reason I am glad I go to a private college and federal gun laws do not apply and if I get caught carrying all they do is send me to judicial and it isn't any sort of crime

Wow, I just woke up and read this. FUcKING A. A shooting usaly don't faze me much. But this is just fucked up. chained the fucking doors.

Perkins said the gunman never said a word. “He didn’t say, ‘Get down.’ He didn’t say anything.” He just started shooting.”

... I'm stuned.

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?f=00&g=35b980c9-423d-4aba-8092-1b2919150b5b&p=hotvideo_m_vatech&t=c3556&rf=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18134671/page/2/&fg=

DAMN.......

What is kind of crappy as well is the response time of the police, notifications, etc.

I didn't realize the dorm shooting happened at 7am and the next one not for a couple hours later which he managed to pull off. They are just covering their ass with the theory there could be 2 people. Crappy.

My heart goes out to those involved in this tragedy. Terrible.

Just an interesting article I found online. Makes you think...

Gun bill gets shot down by panel

HB 1572, which would have allowed handguns on college campuses, died in subcommittee.

By Greg Esposito

381-1675

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A bill that would have given college students and employees the right to carry handguns on campus died with nary a shot being fired in the General Assembly.

House Bill 1572 didn't get through the House Committee on Militia, Police and Public Safety. It died Monday in the subcommittee stage, the first of several hurdles bills must overcome before becoming laws.

The bill was proposed by Del. Todd Gilbert, R-Shenandoah County, on behalf of the Virginia Citizens Defense League. Gilbert was unavailable Monday and spokesman Gary Frink would not comment on the bill's defeat other than to say the issue was dead for this General Assembly session.

Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker was happy to hear the bill was defeated. "I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus."

Del. Dave Nutter, R-Christiansburg, would not comment Monday because he was not part of the subcommittee that discussed the bill.

Most universities in Virginia require students and employees, other than police, to check their guns with police or campus security upon entering campus. The legislation was designed to prohibit public universities from making "rules or regulations limiting or abridging the ability of a student who possesses a valid concealed handgun permit ... from lawfully carrying a concealed handgun."

The legislation allowed for exceptions for participants in athletic events, storage of guns in residence halls and military training programs.

Last spring a Virginia Tech student was disciplined for bringing a handgun to class, despite having a concealed handgun permit. Some gun owners questioned the university's authority, while the Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police came out against the presence of guns on campus.

In June, Tech's governing board approved a violence prevention policy reiterating its ban on students or employees carrying guns and prohibiting visitors from bringing them into campus facilities

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/wb/xp-50658

Guest Mushijobah
Very interesting article. It would be hard to tell if anyone nearby would have had a firearm on him to stop the shooter, but I cannot see it hurting. Concealed carry with proper certification/thorough background research is seldom a bad thing. Not allowing trained individuals to carry weapons leaves the rest of the population as sitting ducks for one psychos plan.

They should designate/train certain teachers as firearm proficient,similar to pilots ect.

i,m not saying this will stop a crazy person acting with impunity but he may have shot only 10 students instead of 30 and would have slowed him down until the Police arrived.

how fucked up in the head do you have to be? honestly to just start slaughtering people. There is no reason good enough. Like someone else said why not just take a one way trip to the forest and just end it outside of everyone elses lives since you dont feel the need to enlighten anyones lives. why....

lets not bring the 2nd amendment/concealed carry shit into this and just mourn for the lives lost today.

cliffs as far as i understand:

1) Shooter goes to his gf's to talk to her, RA confronts him, he kills them both and shoots some other people

2) Campus police lock down the dorm, assuming that it was a lovers quarrel and an isolated conflict

3) hours later, busts in to a class carrying a pair of guns and more than a few clips, chains the door closed, and starts lining people up to die

it has been an awful few months...shootings every week or so, and so many innocent lives lost.