ZX9R riders

Crash1647545504

Have you ever been to the track before...?

If not, I would be shocked if you even broke into the low-11's on your first couple of visits. Bikes are no joke to ride at the track even though everyone seems to think they are sooooo easy to go fast on.... :rolleyes:

Although I've only been to the track on my bike maybe 20-25 times, between Norwalk NTR, Indi, and Bandamier in Denver, I pretty much grew up on the drag strip. I've been very involved with dragracing since I could walk, thanks for asking... You do have a very bad habbit of assuming what I think, when I post. And we havn't even met before.

Maybe I can refraise. I've never riden a 1999 ZX9R. Does anyone know what the adverage 60ft, 1/8 and 1/4 mile times are... anyone... anyone with something usefull to say?

Although I've only been to the track on my bike maybe 20-25 times, between Norwalk NTR, Indi, and Bandamier in Denver, I pretty much grew up on the drag strip. I've been very involved with dragracing since I could walk, thanks for asking... You do have a very bad habbit of assuming what I think, when I post. And we havn't even met before.

Maybe I can refraise. I've never riden a 1999 ZX9R. Does anyone know what the adverage 60ft, 1/8 and 1/4 mile times are... anyone... anyone with something usefull to say?

See if this helps. I think their runs are near sea-level, but it gives you and idea.

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_performance_numbers/index5.html

98 and 99 models are identical. As you can see, it ain't no slouch.

They also have weights and measures:

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_weights_measurements/index5.html

and dynos!:

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/street_bike_dyno_charts/

I like mine. Fun bike, if a little top-heavy, though. Are you looking at getting one?

Ive noticed he does that alot too...

WTF are you talking about....?

I don't know you so I simply asked a question, then stated the FACTS and was trying NOT to blow you smoke. So if you want the book answer, YOU WILL NOT run anywhere close to the Sportrider times of 9.99 with a slip-on. Not to mention the Sportrider times were corrected and the bike was slammed to the ground with a pro-rider....

Since you have been to the track 20-25 times with a bike you should be in the 10's with it. My guess would be 10.50's if you can pull a 1.7 60'. Otherwise high 10's at stock height with a slip on.....

I wasn't assuming anything about you but you can't post up about times and get an educated guess without knowing experience level. Post up some of the times you have run on other bikes and I'll give you a more accurate guess with the ZX9.... :cool:

However, at your elevation you may barely get in the 11's.... :(

Ive noticed he does that alot too...

Again, who and WTF are you talking about....? :confused:

I ran 10.60 and a 10.57 last time i took the bike to the track on my 600. The 9 isn't mine, he ran mid 11's in Oklahoma witch is just about sea level. You make a good point, he doesn't drag to much, but is an experianced rider. his 60ft was a 2.1, the launch got him.

I ran 10.60 and a 10.57 last time i took the bike to the track on my 600. The 9 isn't mine, he ran mid 11's in Oklahoma witch is just about sea level. You make a good point, he doesn't drag to much, but is an experianced rider. his 60ft was a 2.1, the launch got him.

Yep......what MPH did he run? That will tell you how clean of a shifter he is but I'm guessing he didn't do clutch (lever) less shifts based off his 60'.... :(