Next Saturday.

7-9AM Registration Check-in

7:30-9AM Course Open for Walking

7-9:10AM Tech Inspection open

8:30-9AM Course Walk & Meeting

9:10-9:30AM Mandatory Driver's Meeting

9:35AM First Car on Course

Anyone else going? I know megaman is.

Haha I've been trying to convince anthony (heelside) to come play. I don't know if he's comfortable in his new DSM yet though.

Marc Reidel (the SHO kid) says he wants to join us--I'm not sure whats holding him back.

Anthony, one of my buddies in a riceburning civic, will most likely come for a few rides with me throughout the year. Another kid in a black 07 Civic SI may show up with me sometime.

I agree that we need more watty guys in the autox! Spread the word!

Marc Reidel (the SHO kid) says he wants to join us--I'm not sure whats holding him back.

He's too afraid to break it. Not that it would matter in that car. For a while, I convinced him my car had valves and VTEC. OH and that my other RX-7 would have a completely carbon fiber engine. Ask Anthony L about the SHO's supposed turbo setup.

Anthony, one of my buddies in a riceburning civic, will most likely come for a few rides with me throughout the year. Another kid in a black 07 Civic SI may show up with me sometime.

Belv and Vikram?

He's too afraid to break it. Not that it would matter in that car. For a while, I convinced him my car had valves and VTEC. OH and that my other RX-7 would have a completely carbon fiber engine. Ask Anthony L about the SHO's supposed turbo setup.

Belv and Vikram?

Oh, I know all about the turbo. He's pulling it from a mercedes truck and then it will bolt directly on with no other modifications. He's buying the turbo this week :rolleyes:

Yea Belv and Vikram... you know them? I think belv's actually got an acct on here.

I know of them but don't really know them. Oh you know Nick "tokyo drift" Eckel?

hahahahah yeah. Nick parks in Cooke Rd with me. His POS catback exhaust that he incessantly revs at me ruins the perfect sound of my new speakers :(

I should unbolt my cats and muffler and just blast him. :nod:

Good plan. He'd most likely think that you had the fastest car ever ((since exhaust sound directly equates to speed))

I love how we're both wasting our time at school. Gotta love 7th period!

What kind of event is this? How much?

I was wondering the same. I have to assume it's Autox. The event listings and sites are the biggest pain in the ass of any car organization I have every tried to look into. I'd make an attempt to do this if I didn't have to navigate for 30 minutes to find info.

The saturday is the drivers school where they will limit the amount of entires so people can have plenty of one-on-one time with instructors. They have 2 courses I believe with one being more technical and as many types of corners to help you with whatever you need.

Sunday is a normal open event, I believe it's $35 for non-scca members. You DON'T have to be a member to race. Registration will be open for saturday until it's full or it closes registration for both on thursday night.

They will allow 30 on-site registrations and sometimes more if not many people didn't pre-register.

I'll be there! This could possibly be the first time that a Saab has been run through an autocross style event.

History is in the making here, people! :eek:

In their day, Saab's were reasonably competitive. These would be the old 2 stroke Saab's and the 96.

What kind of event is this? How much?

The Saturday event is an autocross driver's school. Typically they encompass the following:

- Autocross safety

- How to do basic setup on your car (I mean REAL BASIC)

- Basic rules of autocrossing

- How to learn and analyze a course

- How to drive the course

- How to respond to what your car is doing

You will get plenty of seat time, and have the opportunity to ride with much more experienced drivers so you can see what they are doing and learn from them.

You don't need anything special for the school and the first event. Just show up with a safe car and they are there to assist. They have loaner helmets and such.

Even if you don't plan to autocross much, it is well worth your time and effort. My bet is you get hooked.

In their day, Saab's were reasonably competitive. These would be the old 2 stroke Saab's and the 96.

I know, I was being sarcastic. Current (GM) generation saabs just aren't that competitive in their entry level luxury sedan class.

I love the looks of the old Sonetts. I actually saw one a few years back.

http://www.saabway.com/Images/ContactUs.jpeg

Rich-my friend's car isn't ready to go. It's possible to have 2 driver cars correct? (i can't remember if this was covered already or not)

Yes, they usually run two groups so you should be able to share a car.