Anybody work at an apartment complex?

HotCarl

So I'm looking at getting my own place but I have the advantage of moving when I want to and to be able to save as much as I want until I decide to do so.

My question is, what time of year is it best to look for apartment deals? Obviously because of weather most people move in the spring, but Im not sure if that translate's into more specials running in the spring or fall/winter to attract more resident's? If I need to I can wait until next spring to shop around for a better deal, or until this winter if that's when most apt complex's have specials.

My brother and sister both live in the same complex off sawmill and only pay 600/month for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom. This is the best deal I've seen in this area for an apartment this size, just not sure if there are better deals out there. Not to mention living by myself I probably wouldn't need that much space, but it would be a nice luxury.

June/July is the move out time. Generally they will run some sort of special during this time. Their goal is usually to be full by the end of August. I would check out Colony Club apartments at 1250 chambers rd. I worked there and they are nice apartment with great maintenence people. Colony house (owned by my uncle) is also good. I know at colony house you can get a 2 bed 1 bath for around $525 a month.

I moved in 2 years ago last november my apt off of Sawmill, I pay $600/month for my just shy 1400sq. ft apt, 2bed/2bath, double balcony, dual walkin closets, etc, plus the area is super quiet/respectful. I/many people leave personal items outside with no worries, especially bikes/kids toys in the spring/summer/fall. I always forget to lock my car and there have been numerous times I've woken up and from a drunken stumble home, and either forgotten to close my front door, or just left it unlocked and never had one problem.

I like it.

Thanks, wasn't sure there were any complex's in the same area for that low a price. I'll look into it.

If you want to look at colony house just let me know, I may be able to work out a deal (not positive).