Flag footbal/ basketball

V8 Beast

You just described rugby. Ive never seen anyone break anything solely because of a bad tackle. Its not the sport without the padding, its the individual who doesn't know how to tackle without the help of padding. Im not saying rugby doesn't have injuries but, in the 2 years I played I only saw mild sprain's and 1 broken arm when our Prop rolled over a kids arm on accident. It happens. Though they did outlaw coller tackle's while I played, and any tackle in which your feet left the ground was illegal (think of a spear).

You should have played with us up north. I have seen everything.

Tackling is not a lot different out of pads than it is in pads. If you played football and paid attention to your coaches you could hold your own in rugby. The differences are the points of your body you make the impact with. If you tried to tackle someone playing rugby the same way you would with pads your collar bone would hate you for it.... If I'm not getting paid for it, or if I dont know everyone involved.... I'm not playing tackle. Not worth the risk of injury (I'm too old :D)

By the way... RUGBY PLAYERS ARE NO JOKE!!!!!

I played with this one guy and he made the other team quit. He was hitting them so damn hard that they got pissed off and went home. The worst part is that he was only about 170lbs....I'm glad he was on my team!

I think Saturdays at about 7pm would work.

10 people is all we need... more would be good though . I know my little brother and I would show up. I could get a few guys from work to roll up there with me too.

I still dont know what park would work though. Suggestions.

I can rent out the Mcdonald complex the second we get 10-15 people to say they will go. It would be $3 a head for 2 hours. They are usually have courts open from 10am - 2pm to rent out.

I'm game for whatever. I just dont want to rent out a gym and have 2 people show up.

Edit: or we could just roll around with 5 people and hit up random courts...

As far as footbal goes... there is a the practice field over at Dublin Coffman High school. The field there is great.

Take 270 to 161 (exit towards dublin)

Make a left at the light onto Post Rd follow around (past the Toy Barn)

Turn right onto Dublin Coffman RD

Turn right into the School parking lot (next light after Emerald Parkway)

thoughts?

I can rent out the Mcdonald complex the second we get 10-15 people to say they will go. It would be $3 a head for 2 hours. They are usually have courts open from 10am - 2pm to rent out.

I'm game for whatever. I just dont want to rent out a gym and have 2 people show up.

Edit: or we could just roll around with 5 people and hit up random courts...

As far as footbal goes... there is a the practice field over at Dublin Coffman High school. The field there is great.

Take 270 to 161 (exit towards dublin)

Make a left at the light onto Post Rd follow around (past the Toy Barn)

Turn right onto Dublin Coffman RD

Turn right into the School parking lot (next light after Emerald Parkway)

thoughts?

hell yea, i live right across the street from coffman

• 2 months later...