Sprinting/running Shoes?!

Guest FooFooMaru

Guest FooFooMaru

I'm going to be looking for some sprinting/plain ol' running shoes. I want them for sprinting but also for running. So not Plain SPRINTING but eh you know what I mean (probably not) hah.

Know any brands of shoes that are good? I haven't actually purchased any nice running shoes. Any direction is appreaciated :)

Shoes purpose-Sprinting/Tag (yeah, I said it)/Keep it up (soccer game)

There's a place on Lane Ave. that specializes in running. They actually have you take your shoes off so they can examine the shape of your foot, and then have you walk around the room so they can see how you walk. They will then make a recommendation based on their knowledge (which is pretty good). I bought a pair of Brooks running shoes there a while back. The difference is amazing when you get a good pair of shoes.

The name of the store is FrontRunners. It's a running specific store.

yea front runner ftw

Front Runners will even make you take a jog around a little track. They are a good place. If you don't like the shoes they picked out for you, you can take them back within 30 days.

If you don't want to go there, I heard Asics are the best running shoes, but they're ugly. I like my Pumas and Shox

Guest FooFooMaru
There's a place on Lane Ave. that specializes in running. They actually have you take your shoes off so they can examine the shape of your foot, and then have you walk around the room so they can see how you walk. They will then make a recommendation based on their knowledge (which is pretty good). I bought a pair of Brooks running shoes there a while back. The difference is amazing when you get a good pair of shoes.

The name of the store is FrontRunners. It's a running specific store.

Hey, thanks. I'ma definitely head there sometime in the weeks to come.

Thanks to others too :)

I really would like to get a shoe that fits well.

From my understanding the design being used in most of nike's running shoes are actually a step back in developement... in other words, they're not that great for your step. I've always been a fan of New Balance myself but Aisics are the best overall running shoe out there.

The most important thing in a running shoe is the shape of your foot. the three basic of feet shape is , Flat foot, Normal arch, and High Arch. The military gives you running shoe that way. It really makes a differance. So find out what shape your foot is and then some shoe stores have a chart that says what shoes are made for what kind of foot you have. I run 10- 15 miles a week and get new running shoes every few months.

new balance ftw!

Plus 1. Since I've been working out more I usually run everyday, or every other day. My close friend use to run CC in college and says she always preferred New Balance's. I'm due for a new pair maybe I'll check out this Front Runner store.

I have a pair of Nike Air Max, and my NB's. The NB's are my running shoes and I only wear the Nike's if I go out or just dont want to wear shoes. Ive run in them a few times and their not comfortable at all to run in.