Best 'sleeper' you've owned

nurkvinny

I was thinking about some great sleeper vehicles I have seen over the years, and wondered what is the best one you have owned?

The couple I could think of were... my 1st V8 S10. Now, it is common to see an S10 converted to a V8, but in 1993, it was still rare. I surprised a lot of people back then with that truck. It only ran mid-14's, but then again, in the mid 90's that was a quicker car than it is today.

The GTO. "Car guys" knew about the LS1, but surprisingly, a lot of people did not have a clue.

Those are pretty week. What did you guys have?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread. A good friend of mine had a '68 or so Barracuda, white with green vinyl top, wire wheel covers, with the 340 amd a 3.73 or so "Sure Grip" rear.

Not a rocket ship by today's standards, but a sleeper in its day.

My old Daytona Shelby was probably my sleeper.

Old, rusty but could do rolls quite well. :0

Then came a hole in one of the pistons, and you sold it to a couple young guys that took the thing apart to find that out.

Lol, its still sitting in SuBarua's driveway with both motors (we bought a Turbo III and a new turbo) in the passenger seat.

Then came a hole in one of the pistons, and you sold it to a couple young guys that took the thing apart to find that out.

Lol, its still sitting in SuBarua's driveway with both motors (we bought a Turbo III and a new turbo) in the passenger seat.

So I heard. I really miss that car, sometimes I really wish I would have held onto her.

OMFG!! I just searched EBay, and AutoTrader... NADA!!!!

WTF!

KillJoy

Dude there were only a very small handful of the 84-85's ever brought here.

Its been years since I've seen one for sale, and that was on collectorcartraderonline but they wanted wayy too much.

good call Tilley but don't forget.

The GMC CYCLONE as well..

The intercooled grand nationals as well.

Oh, I didn't - but the title of the thread asks for sleepers that we've owned. While I'd be the first to admit that the Cyclones and Grand Nationals were sleepers in their own right, I didn't own either.

Wasn't the spelling for the GMC, "Syclone" and not Cyclone??

My 90 Laser turbo turned out to be a bit of a sleeper, a lot of people seemed to not know the Laser's came in turbo and this was back in the late 90's before they bacame uber cheap and everyone had one.

My Audi 200 TQ wagon is the best sleeper I've ever had; having beaten a lot of stuff it shouldn't have. (Only when cranked up to about 13 PSI...) My buddy had one of the best sleepers ever though... a 98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited with some mods. It went 13.7X, and looked like he was just picking the kids up from soccer practice.