Best 'sleeper' you've owned

nurkvinny

I too had a Small Block S-10 back in the day. Slammed to the ground (4/6 drop) and running on a 10' tire mounted to 16' Trans-am GTA wheels...the truck looked like something out of Mini-truckin magazine and nothing quick but would run high 11's on the spray. This was circa '95-'97 so it was pleanty quick to hold it's own at that point in time.

On top of everything it was my only mode of transportation as well.

Fun times...man I'm getting old.

Andy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.

There's a Syclone and a Typhoon in London. I don't think the guy with the Syclone realizes what he has. As for the Typhoon, it won't be driven for awhile.

My GTP surprises some people, but I don't consider it a sleeper. It's also the only car I've owned, so I guess it's the best sleeper I've ever owned.

I think i know who your talkin about its the truck right? If its who think it is I asked him about 4years ago he said 8000 then. But i didnt the money.

-My best sleeper 91 SHO

Back in 1986-1988, my 79 Cutlass Supreme with a 72 Rocket 350 I put in it, my dad and made our own dual exhaust and install a posi from a 442 into it, it would beat the 5.0 and other so call fast cars at that time.

Around 1989, my brother and I did the small block in a 85 S-10. This was back when there were no kits to do just. We had to make our own engine mounts and other misc pieces, this truck would haul and beat a lot of cars from Delaware, Marion and C-bus..

By the way, I still have the car and it is not too bad of shape, it will live again.

The best sleeper I have seen in awhile is Bucky's Lumina and Brian T "Mobile Chassis Dyno" mustang. Brian needs to put the stock wheels back on it for the full sleeper effect.

first car i bought with my own $$$ around 10 years ago

1968 impala

original 396 rebuilt with a nice lope and 4:88 12 bolt

you could reach your hand through the quarter panel and into the trunk, it was so rusty....and a huge car

opened many eyes when the tires started spinning

The Z24 was a fun one, fastest recorded time of 13.91@102.8.... but it had much more spray at one point so id say it probably ran close to the 12's.

1987 Chevy Celebrity on a ZEX 75 kit

2003 Volvo S40 Turbo w/ T4 50trim

All of my cars have been "sleepers", well, cars that werent supposed to have more than 200hp.