Do you guys have full coverage and all year long?

Bam

I got a couple quotes today and the best deal seems to be progressive. They've got it as cheap as $192/year but the one I want is about $475/year.

It's like this...

Bodily injury/prop damage - 250k person/500k accident/100k property

uninsured etc - 50k person/100k accident

medical payments - 25k is the max per perosn

comprehensive - $100 deductible

collision - $1k deductible

Anyways, its about $40/month, for pretty good coverage. What do you guys think about my choices and the price? I wanted to drop down to comprehensive only in the winter since I can't ride it, but they say there is a $30 fee to cancel it and I have no clue how much it might go up next year when I went to get new coverage, you know?

So what do you guys have? Full coverage all year, or no coverage at all during the winter, what is it? They said they don't offer just comp on motorcycles. BS.

BTW, I'm 21, clean record, first bike if that matters.

I have full coverage all year round. Been with State Farm for quite some time now. I had to take my car there but they were so much better on my bike that it still saved me money.

Luckily your superhawk will get categorized as a "sport touring" bike by most companies saving you money.

For reference, when I was 21, with my brand new 636, I think I paid like $70/month.

Before I sold my bike, I had full coverage. When I put the bike up for the year (whenever I wanted), I just called my agent. He put the Bike into what he called "suspense". All that was covered was anything happening to it while parked in the garage. It saved me an ass load of cash. This was dealing w/ Allstate.

I switched to Nationwide for a short bit. They would not allow me to do this. They said I either had a 12 Month or a 6 Month policy. NO FLEXIBILITY!

KillJoy

Oh, I can get the cheapest full coverage at $210/year, but I don't think I want the state minimums on everything, you can easily ring up that much hospital bills from a broken toe, lol.

I posted what coverage I thought was good enough and hoped you guys were comment on what you went with?

I NEED to get it tomorrow as I want to start riding on the street now.

You last two guys that posted stupid low quotes, what limits did you have? Please let me know because I'm VERY curious if you guys are riding around with the bare minimum and why you think that's effective?

I live in MD so I am unsure if I am at the state minimums or over but anyway my breakdown is.

BI PD 50K each person 100K each accident

Limits of liability each accident 50K

500 deductibles on both

UM 50K each person 100K accident

Prop damage 50K

I could probably go higher and I will once its time to renew, but until then its fine IMO.

what's state minimum again? 25/50/25? Whatever it is, I went with the next step up from that (50/100/50?) and 10K medical.

FWIW I doubt those nice gentlemen are lying to you, unfortunately with you being young it's going to cost you more. Where my insurance was $70/month when I turned 25 my car rates didn't go down much at all....but the bike...$19/month now

I dont have state min. . Truthfully I dont even know what my coverage is . I just call my agent tell her what I have and they bill me . For 2 sportbikes , 07 crew cab F150 , 03 Lincoln LS and my house I pay under $200($180 something?) month insurance to State Farm .

Is that insuring it in Colorado. How are insurance prices out there?

good thing you said that because i don't know. I just transfered my insurange to a Colorado agent this month, so i havn't gotten my payments yet. I would assume that it wont go up or down much. My record hasn't changed, but riding seems to be alot more popular here too.