Transferring CC balances

MrMeanGreen

From what I have seen, Those sites do not report the same credit score as what lenders get when they pull your credit. They have been 30 -50 points higher than what the report shows on the people I have worked with. Then I'm sitting there telling them, "No, your score is not 700+". "It's mid to high 600's. I have run into this with tree couples times in four months. That's 6 people getting bad readings.

I've had a capital one visa card for a few years. Last year they had a deal only on balance transfers where its %2.99 until you pay it off. I transfered all my cc balance to that card and locked up my visa in my safe. I am still paying it off but that is the best way to go, whatever has the lowest percentage.

I don't think it looks good on your credit score to keep transferring balances to other CC's

He's saying his card is 0% for a certain amount of time. If he remembers right, even after that time period has ended, the new rate is still lower then 10.9%

See, even with my mistyping, he was still able to figure it out without an issue. Gee, Eli, you are the self proclaimed Mensa genious, I figured you shouldn't have a problem figuring this out.

becon in the low 700s.

So Joe, not everyone is a golden boy like you with perfect credit. I had to work my ass off to get mine where it's at now, so I'm personally pleased.

700's should be more than enough to get you a better rate. Mine is somewhere in the 700's (mid 700's last time I checked, but haven't had a reason to look in a while, but no reason for it to be lower). 700's should be more than enough to get better than 10.9%. Anthony, you should realize you had to earn that score, now reap the benefits, don't settle on some shitty interest rate because you think that is all you deserve.

+1 on the above. My credit is mid 700's as well and I have 5 cc's, all with no balances, but I get those mailings once a month or two that include the checks to to balance transfers or just buy shit up to my available balance and the last one I got was .09% until Dec 07, or 3.9% fixed until its paid off, and my available credit on that card was $14,000, so just where you are. I considered paying off my car with that credit card offer, being as that my car loan is 6.19%, so almost 3% lower, but it would KILL my utilization, or my debt to income ratio and having unsecured credit looks way worse than having a loan.

I mean, more power to you if you are happy with the rate, but check out Chase or anyone of the other 0% balance transfers etc. I've had good luck with chase so far, both my cards have less than 9% rate on purchases if I ever leave a balance, both are rewards, one is 3% cash back, one is "sony points" but I got 10 free movie tickets to AMC, neither have any fees, and my combined available balance between the two is over $20k, and I'm only 21, god forbid me ever racking up that much CC debt.