hints for changing spark plugs

AutoFreak57

i got no clue, but i wanna be there when you do it, lol. You're zach's friend right? He mentioned you getting a bike last week or something and said you had a red sunfire. I got my bike last week and went riding all day today, it was awesome, hit me up whenever.

Matt

there should be a plug socket in your toolkit...if you don't have it, I'd recommend getting one somehow...perhaps Pony has something that'll work, or go to the dealer and order it.

Once you have that tool, you take off the appropriate fairings (not sure exactly which 600 you have) and take out the spark plug wires and stick the socket down on the plug, then use an open ended wrench to turn it up at the top. Do only one plug at a time so that you don't mix up the plug wires (it sounds stupid but it's easier than you think). Take your time, and if you get stuck, get someone else to help you who knows what they're doing.

The only problem i see you having, is not being able to get a socket or wrench into the hole because of how that motor sits against the frame. You SHOULDN'T have to, but if you need the extra space to get your hand in there, you can drop the radiator, and it will only take an extra 15 minutes if you pay attention to what you are going.

hey ben, you so don't have a fzr anymore.

but yeah, my plug socket is actually deformed and won't turn the plugs. I grabbed a socket and a swivel from advance auto today. I'm hopin i can get the rest of the plugs tomorrow, cuz I did manage to get plug 1 changed.

my bike came with the tool, but not sure if they are all different, I'm going riding with zach tomorrow, you should join us or at least we can drop by and check it out.

my bike came with the tool, but not sure if they are all different, I'm going riding with zach tomorrow, you should join us or at least we can drop by and check it out.

doesnt hurt to try, we tried the sparkplug tool from my gixxer and it was slightly different.

yotaman got the rest of the plug out with an easyout. all fixed now :)

yeah, i talked to kevin later that night, he's a pimp master with teh bikes, glad he could help you! hopefully we'll get riding together soon, i broke my bike friday,lol, so i'm stuck waiting until weds for the part to come in...

yotaman got the rest of the plug out with an easyout. all fixed now

yeah, i talked to kevin later that night, he's a pimp master with teh bikes, glad he could help you! hopefully we'll get riding together soon, i broke my bike friday,lol, so i'm stuck waiting until weds for the part to come in...

what did you break?

The throttle tube/pipe/thing that holds the throttle cable. I was changing the grips and had the left side done but didn't realize that it was built into the gay grips on my bike, and went about taking it off the same way and it broke. No biggie, cheap part, but had to be ordered so that's why I'm down. I had to get rid of those ghetto grips though, oem honda black on order. :)