Autox at Trails this sunday.

Dr. Apex

Guest hotrodmama024
I got a question.... So if i have never registered on here there, and want to do the National Trails autox... what do i need to do? Do i have to completly set myself up on the scca website? Thanks

So i dont have to do the whole physical and get scca permit? I havent done any of that yet.

You're thinking of SCCA road racing - for actual "on track" wheel to wheel competition you need to do the physical, novice permit, school, etc. For the autocross all you need is a car that can pass tech and an approved helmet (and they'll loan you those!).

Thank you for reminding me of tech-I need to tie down my battery after replacing the alternator.

Oh, Pat, Hot_wire and myself are meeting up at the Burger King on Indianola just off of Broadway Sunday morning if Sean might be interested in going. Or anyone else for that matter!

The formula ford is running, brakes bled, suspension all torqued & safety wired - if I can tie up a few loose ends (both on the car-and Mother's Day), I may make the trip as well. Don't know if Sean plans to drive the MR2 (his street tires are in today) and he has some Hoosiers for the stock wheels OR he could decide to drive the Crossle if it goes. I'll have to check with him and make a go/no go decision later tonight.

Where is a good place to get a good autocross alignment

If you go to http://www.autocrossforum.com and go into the Ohio Valley section there are a couple of guys on there that can suggest some settings for you if you don't already have something in mind.

"Appearance Automotive" sponsors our region and does custom alignments, or just go to NTB downtown and ask for Derek and get the lifetime alignment for a set price. Plus Derek is the man.