Anybody here work on HVAC??

LPFSTheFett

Mine just stoped working and it's hot as shit in my house. The AC unit outside seems to be working fine, but the fan inside is not blowing at all. It had been making noise for a few weeks, ever since we turned it on. However, I thought it might be normal as we just moved in not to long ago and have never run the AC.

Anyway, anybody able to help me get this fixed. Of course, can pay for your time, parts etc.... Just don't want to have to call one of those companies that charges you way too much and makes you buy things you don't need.

Thanks!

Jason

• 3 weeks later...

if there is no noise, the fan relay is most likely out. If you can hear the blower motor running, but no air is blowing, it is more likely the fan belt.

There should ba an acess pannel on your furnace/central air unit so you can acess the blower motor and verify the motor and belts condition.

I would offer to come look at it, but i am already doing 70 hrs a week at work.

Sounds like the A Coil is frozen....

Thaw it, and clean.......

KillJoy

done... problem is that I didnt notice the problem for at least 48 hours and now the compressor (or whatever) might be dead.

The whole problem was a clogged as hell filter. I did a full rehab on this house drywall dust and all and didnt change the filter (Retarded). It just kicked on again, we'll see how cold the air is.