dvd ripping

thorne

I use AnyDVD in the background and then Apollo DVD Copy. I have yet to find one that has given me an issue. Great way of "backing up" your collection :rolleyes:

If you don't want to buy anything, just PM me and you can stop by sometime this week. I have a home office and am not traveling much this week.

does this software get the tracks right? I have dvd video I use for Dj'n. I dont want to take the originals to my gigs. The copy program a friend of mine uses will screw up the tracks. Songs will start in the middle of a "track" and will end in the middle of another.

I use ripit4me, which uses DVDDecrypter and other programs. I also use DVDFabDecrypter, as well as DVDShrink, VOBBlanker, PGCedit, and FixVTS. One program will not work with all movies. I try and keep the setup files of everything I install so I will have them if the software is no longer distributed, or if a new version does not work (this actually happened with VOBBlanker).

100 Bulk DVD-R's at Sam's Club $30 and a cool 30 minutes per DVD is all it takes.

I just go and get the 3 for 25 at block buster or Hollywood video... the time it takes to rip DVD's isn't worth the 7 dollars it costs to just buy it.

100 Bulk DVD-R's at Sam's Club $30 and a cool 30 minutes per DVD is all it takes.

30 minutes!

around 5 minutes to rip/shrink (USE GOOD UNLOCKED FIRMWARE)

Another what..7 minutes maybe 10 to burn if slow ?

What I do now is just archive it digitally to 500gb drives...

Much easier :)

30 minutes!

around 5 minutes to rip/shrink (USE GOOD UNLOCKED FIRMWARE)

Another what..7 minutes maybe 10 to burn if slow ?

What I do now is just archive it digitally to 500gb drives...

Much easier :)

What DVD drive you using? I can rip a movie using my laptop in 10-15. Shrink is about 5 minute i think.

BTW 500gigs whats your setup? NAS or what. I'm currently running a 2.0TB 10x250 in a raid 5 with online spares. I'm wanting to goto something that does not make my basement sound like a Jet Engine.

What DVD drive you using? I can rip a movie using my laptop in 10-15. Shrink is about 5 minute i think.

BTW 500gigs whats your setup? NAS or what. I'm currently running a 2.0TB 10x250 in a raid 5 with online spares. I'm wanting to goto something that does not make my basement sound like a Jet Engine.

Old Pioneer 108dx

They made the un-lock firmware available for it and it took the ripping speed off the wall. I use DVD-SHRINK coupled with anydvd if needed.

The shrinking/ripping takes places in one fluid stream pretty much.

To avoid any problems with raid/ windows/ ect. I simply keep a bunch of external drives around. Movies/ MP3's/Software/ All occupie their own external USB 2.0 Drive. 250-500's.

When needed, I simpy grab them and bring them to a friends house/ work for people to take what they want. It simplifies what I need to do with them.

And this way.. if my 2X 160gb 10K Raptor RAID0 Array fails (primary drive for windows/apps) I'm out nothing but a windows re-image.

:)