? about insurance for high performance/modified cars who do u have etc??

CJINOHIO03

What I want to know is what people who have cars with a lot of money in them are doing? I have checked out some of the insurance companies for antique cars but alot dont cover newer vehicles. Also, a lot of them only allow 1 ticket on your record per household. I think I might have two right now. I have heard of agreed upon value too, but dont know who sells it etc. Tell me how much you are paying for what value etc.. Also if there a mileage or driving restrictions?

Maybe I wasnt clear in what I mean. If you had a car that is only valued at so much but has thousands of dollars in mods . What is everybody doing to avoid being screwed in case of theft or accident?

Anthony werent u looking for somebody before? What did you end up doing??

That is better rephrasing. I have Allstate. I have the RX 7 on a STATED policy. I have receipts for the work done + stock value. They know my car goes to the track, if that means anything. From what I was paying before with full coverage, to what I pay on the new policy, My 6 month premium went up $13. I won't get into the value on here. I will say that I have 2 tickets. Basically if something happens to the car, I get a check for the total value with mods. I'll say this, with the Subaru, I pay in the low $500's per 6 months.

I have Progressive...work there too. They just changed the basic policy from saying excluded from being in an organized race event to excluded from just being on a race track. ...so much for test & tunes. By the way everyone should look at the exclusions on there policy to see how it's worded, because I'll guarantee you that you have an exclusion for racing.

They automatically will cover $1000 in custom parts. You can pay more to get coverage up to $5000 in custom parts. Above that you have to declare the stated value of the vehicle and they will cover that amount. However, you must be able to prove that stated amount. ...also you're still excluded from racing.

We had to get an appraisal for the policy on our Cobra. It appraised at $35k so we opted for $30k in coverage, meaning that if the car gets stolen or damaged beyond repair, we recieve $30k in compensation.

We had to get an appraisal for the policy on our Cobra. It appraised at $35k so we opted for $30k in coverage, meaning that if the car gets stolen or damaged beyond repair, we recieve $30k in compensation.

I had to have the 98 appraised too when I had the policy put on it. I get a check for what I have in it if anything happens to it. Grange is another great company to go with.

mine is very similar to Mojoe's...i have a stated policy with receipts on my FD, it's only covered for 6mos. out of the year and as a non-daily driver...it costs me more than my AMG does yearly. i know the insurance company can be a bitch when it comes to money, so insure it for a resonable amount....they had no problem dropping me after shelling out 73k when i wrecked the Viper.