Jet Kit install

thorne

Where would you guys suggest to get a JET KIT installed? I'm wanting a bit more noise out of my tuna so Jet Kit and a slip on are in the works. I've got a list of little mods I want to do to it just for shits and giggles.

This bike > My old 750

This Bike < GSXR's

I still love the bike. I think it honestly was a safe step . I'm already having trouble staying out of the triple digit range.

you dont need to jet your bike for a slip on.

for a slip on and air filter yes. but not for just a slip on.

but if you do need it jetted i can do it.

I would definitely jet it for a slip-on. I have just a slip-on on my bike and am now running really fucking lean (14.9:1 afr).

the bikes do run a tad lean, but being liquid cooled they really have no problems.its really not worth jetting the bike for just a slip on.

when i did the exhaust on my cruiser, it has a little pop and crack on decel. a lean pop. adjusting the pilot screws (a/f screws) will cure this, and get rig of the dead spot on the bottom end.

i wil lnot be jetting mine, until i get the K & N and remove the snorkel from my airbox.

Nope - Katana is still carbd. Suzi will never change that bike as long as it continues to sell. Big time cash cow.

It is also air-cooled, not liquid cooled.

Ben, your bike is 14.9 at full throttle? Then it was pretty lean before.

on a side note, shouldnt his bike be fuel injected. it is an 07.

his is an 06, and still carb'd, i thought about buying it since it was cheap new but once I found out it was still old school i said fuck it.

My bike pops down low bc of my K&N filter, but I'm not doing anything about it until I get pipes, if I ever do.

all bikes are lean from the factory. especially at idle.

all emission regulations BS

sucks for you FI guys. cause you have to get a power commander or whatever

but FI is so much nicer than carb.

Who cares about idle though? Cruise is supposed to be lean - cars run lean at idle and cruise, too not only for emissions but it saves gasoline.

It's wide open that I'm concerned about.

Thorne, Some people say you need to rejet with a slipon, some don't. I'm with Hoblick. I never really thought you did, and my CBR was fine with just the slip-on.

You might put on the slip-on and see what you think. You can always jet it after the install.

Nope - Katana is still carbd. Suzi will never change that bike as long as it continues to sell. Big time cash cow.

Uhm, the Katana was discontinued. So yes, they will change it. :D

It is also air-cooled, not liquid cooled.

Correct.

Ben, your bike is 14.9 at full throttle? Then it was pretty lean before.

With the slip-on, and only the slip-on, it's steady at 14.9. I'm ordering a power commander tonight.

I put a high mount slip on on my old FZ1 (carbed) and never changed the jets. The bike ran great, but had the afore mentioned pop on decel, but partly due to leaving the air injection on it. People have checked AFRs on the FZ1 with just slipons and demed it not necessary to rejet, but the do adjust needle height to get the AFR very very close.

My point is this, what do other Katana owners do when they install a slip on? Just follow their lead, chances are you will be fine. If you are worried, rejet and be 100% fine! :)

I'm waiting for shit on the Katboard because they are low to auth my account. But I was reading about Turbo kits and Nitrous setups.

Now I don't want this yet. But I would not mind building a turbo bike just for fun.It just happens to be based around the WRX turbo. I planned on swapping my turbo this year anyways so boom turbo is already sitting there.

I know it would be allot of work so who knows. Its a new toy . Jetting and piping just made sense. Now what I don't understand is. On a car you want to be a LEAN as you can with out Predet. A bike seems like you want to richen it up.

can you show me how? I had read you can gain 3-5hp with a jetkit or tuning the stock stuff. I know I don't need the jet with a slip on.

I'm just torn where to go next with it. I'm kinda set on trying to build a fast katana just because. I know it will never be a busa killer but suprising a few GSXRs would be fun.

if you do a k&N filter and a slip on then do a dynojet jet kit, you will have a pretty nice gain.

the kit has different stages form 1-3.

for me its pretty straight forward, but might be complicated for a beginner.

i can do it in my garage in a few hours.

i can show ya how to do it. basically you can help and watch and youll gian some experience.

ive jetted a ton of carbs, actually just did a suzuki drz400sm for a friend. who did a filter, full muzzy pipe, and 3x3 cut out on the box.

runs great and a noticeable gain in power.

i tuned my big bore 400ex 4 wheeler myself, wiht an aftermarket carb. and jetted a 900rr, etc etc. list goes on.

if you want some help doing it, id be glad, a few bucks for my time, and we can do it up.. and no im not talking $100. just like $20 or $30.

like i said ill help you do your pipe install, filter, and jet the carbs. shouldnt take but a few hours. and you can ride it home. also since you work nights, and i do as well it will be convenient for both of us. i work best at late hours. let me know.

filter will probably run you about $60, and jet kit anywhere from $60 to $120 depending on bike.

ive found those jet kits to be nothing short of pieces of shit. half the time the jets arent even marked the correct size, so you dont really know what you're getting.

i agree that you dont need to rejet if you are adding just a slip on.

ive found those jet kits to be nothing short of pieces of shit. half the time the jets arent even marked the correct size, so you dont really know what you're getting.

i agree that you dont need to rejet if you are adding just a slip on.

:confused:

I've installed three jet kits. All three were easy and problem free. All three noticed serious HP gains and decel popping was gone. Decel popping is BAD. Very bad.

you would need it dynoed when you do all of it to get it dield in call brian at dyno tune to get it done

I had planned on it. I herd he had a Bike dyno so he was the first choice.

I can't wait to get a couple toys on the bike.

. I've rebuilt my own carbs before . My issue is less of how do I put the get in. It more of a how do you sync them. / Dial them in.

The main reason for the lets was to prepare for future stuff.

Will shit john, I might jus tdo it myself and talk to you about syncing them.

So here are the current line of planes. Again I know its only a cat but i thought this would be fun.

Slip on or full dnd

K&N

Jet

Sneaky Pete

if that don't make me happy I'm going to look at what it would take to build the Turbo setup.