May 27: AutoX Points #3 at Cooper

hot_wire

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i registered, 73 SM. I'm driving my friends rsx because i need to fix my abs (or learn to drive without it) and get new tires

Mr. X, i think i got a ride in your car at the last event on OSU's campus

Autofreak, I think you're running in my class (G Stock). I plan to take yo punk ass down! :eek:

hahaha juuuust kidding. Saab vs RSX = no contest.

Autofreak, I think you're running in my class (G Stock). I plan to take yo punk ass down! :eek:

hahaha juuuust kidding. Saab vs RSX = no contest.

you don't have to worry too much, its an auto base model with type s supsension and a carbon fiber hood. and i'm running in street mod, we might be running at the same time though. look for me there, i'll probably show up on my gay ass purple bike

Were about ready for tomorrow. Their calling for sprinkles for part of the daytime tomorrow but saying no steadier rain until evening. You might want to bring your umbrellas just in case as we race in the rain, just not in the lightning.

See everyone out there!

i keep trying to talk myself into it but with the 130 mile round trip and 3.50 a gal gas really puts a damper on things. then the chance of getting rained on while taking my slicks off being soaking wet in my car on the way back.........fuck.........have fun fellow G stockers think ill just relax at home this sunday.

Chief, today was a blast! Great course layout, with lots of slaloms. We had some intense rain at the end of our heat (GS) but I managed 3 dry runs. Afterward, we were allowed some "fun runs." My best time on the day was a 59.4something. Woooohoo!

I went from like 66 or 67 to 57.....I would say I did pretty well for a second event lol

(of course, when i got 57, it was during the fun runs, and didn't count anymore)

Always works that way because your more relaxed and not trying as hard and not worrying about screwing up.

F THAT DOWNPOUR! That is all...

Heh, you were one of the many caught by that one. I assume you were working when it started?? My friend was at the other end of the lot working turn 3 when the rain hit and he had his windows down and roof open on his bmw!!

when is the next one?

Father's Day. June 17.

PS. Don't use magnetic numbers to mark your car. I can't tell whether the magnet melted onto the clearcoat or whether the clearcoat was ripped off by the magnet. Whatever happened, it is not good.

Father's Day. June 17.

PS. Don't use magnetic numbers to mark your car. I can't tell whether the magnet melted onto the clearcoat or whether the clearcoat was ripped off by the magnet. Whatever happened, it is not good.

:confused: Eh....I'd imagine the quality was the issue here as we've never had problems with our magnets.

Next event is the 16th/17th. The 16th is a drivers school that is already full, Ray and I will be there but will not be taking any passengers at all that weekend.

:confused: Eh....I'd imagine the quality was the issue here as we've never had problems with our magnets.

Next event is the 16th/17th. The 16th is a drivers school that is already full, Ray and I will be there but will not be taking any passengers at all that weekend.

Yeah, it's really weird. I think it may have had something to do with the wet followed by heat. The magnets were "stuck" to the car when I tried to remove them. When they came off, so did the luster from the paint in those areas. I can't feel a ridge, so I don't think its the clear coat (I hope). Unfortunately the dullness wouldn't come off with wax.

Off to a detailer's tomorrow. Can't wait to be made fun of at school! :woowoo:

GS 93 is still emblazened on the side of my car....

yay for 2nd to last in sm!!! the owner of the car i drove was last :). My best was a 59.2. but i did have a 58.1 that i still don't believe i hit a cone on, but they counted one. i was sitting in the car warming it up when the rain started, although my bike got soaked. I was afraid I was gonna have to ride back in the rain. Our car kept blowing the alternator fuse. He thinks it's because the exhaust hangs real low and when a cone hits it or you turn hard enough and the o2 sensor shorts out the system

yay for 2nd to last in sm!!! the owner of the car i drove was last :). My best was a 59.2. but i did have a 58.1 that i still don't believe i hit a cone on, but they counted one. i was sitting in the car warming it up when the rain started, although my bike got soaked. I was afraid I was gonna have to ride back in the rain. Our car kept blowing the alternator fuse. He thinks it's because the exhaust hangs real low and when a cone hits it or you turn hard enough and the o2 sensor shorts out the system

I noticed his exhaust hanging down, he needs to get it hung back up right.

The pics are up already...... http://richard.safier.com/OVR.htm

Guest 78novaman

I showed up and watched most of the event. I managed to stay dry and talk to my friends Pat(RX7), Pat(MR2), and Rob(Scion TC). This was the first time I've actually seen solo in person. I'm bummed at the fact there aren't really many domestic cars. I don't get excited about a bunch of 4 banger civics and miatas, not my type of car at all. It seems like it could be fun -when I'm hearing my v8 roar that is.

The carts are cool. The sunbeam tiger (does it have the 427?) and the MG are kick ass.

I should be able to make it the 17th. Doesn't look too hard, but I figure I'll embarrass myself.