May 27: AutoX Points #3 at Cooper

hot_wire

Just got myself signed up. I believe that I saw Mr. Autox on the list too. For the rest of you, registration ends on the 24th, so sign up now! I need some competition in G Stock!

I encourage everyone to come out and join in. I'm a total novice and having a great time. Loaner helmets are available. Riding along is free!

See you all there.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just moved into STS2, so I just lost all chance of doing well lol

I know the feeling the past 2 years running a street tired car in SM then last year running a mild FSP car in EP, though I did manage to win EP(more so on luck and making every event).

Well, only the third points event - but I'm finally in - as long as I get out of TX on time Friday!!! We'll get to see if:

1) I got everything right on the car's winter rebuild

2) See if any of the changes helped it go faster

3) My old fat ass can shake off the cobwebs and drive

Hope it's dry - see you there!!

Well, only the third points event - but I'm finally in - as long as I get out of TX on time Friday!!! We'll get to see if:

1) I got everything right on the car's winter rebuild

2) See if any of the changes helped it go faster

3) My old fat ass can shake off the cobwebs and drive

Hope it's dry - see you there!!

Sounded good at the shop when you were working on it. We can only hope everything is in order. You did a complete rebuild, didn't you?

Not really - car came down to bare frame to check for cracks/problems and get cleaned. New stiffer springs in front and new springs in rear. All that was done to the motor was to pull the pan to check the bearings and the usual reset of points/valves/etc. It was just due for a thorough going over after 2+ autocross seasons and a few races at Waterford Hills (previous owner). I did find a few issues that were corrected - and some suspension adjustments were made. It will take a few events to get the sway bar and shock settings up to snuff - but I'll be interested to see if we pick up any ground against the PAX index. See you Sunday!

Not really - car came down to bare frame to check for cracks/problems and get cleaned. New stiffer springs in front and new springs in rear. All that was done to the motor was to pull the pan to check the bearings and the usual reset of points/valves/etc. It was just due for a thorough going over after 2+ autocross seasons and a few races at Waterford Hills (previous owner). I did find a few issues that were corrected - and some suspension adjustments were made. It will take a few events to get the sway bar and shock settings up to snuff - but I'll be interested to see if we pick up any ground against the PAX index. See you Sunday!

I'm looking forward to the same as well, now that we have new tires that will be consistent we can start dialing in the suspension and I can't wait to see how we do against the vette and in pax!!

Though they are saying a "slight" chance of a late day thunderstorm right now, were still too far out to see what it will really be like on sunday.

Guest 78novaman

I've actually got a day free since the first event was canceled due to snow.

I'm going to show up and check it out. No racing for me, I have to be at the airport by 3pm.

Typically you can go up to an additional 10 to 20mm in width and go to a slightly smaller aspect ratio to keep the tire diameter about the same. Though I don't know off hand what sizes the Azenis are offered in but I'm sure they have 14" sizes.