Ruff night at the track

koolrayz

Started out OK I made the first pass was trying out a new tune and using 25% E85 so I took it easy i just wanted to log the A/F. Next pass I hammer it and run an 11.07 @ 123 with a 1.54 60'. Im racing in a 1/8 mile 7 second index class and I ran a 7.076@97 so I figure Im looking good. Next pass (last time trial before eliminations and My hood pops up and caves my windshield in. It didnt hurt the fenders or the T tops. The hood appears to be repairable but there a 2 billion microscopic pieces of glass in the front seat of my car.

Damn Ray, I'm sorry to hear that shit. Was it not latched all the way, or just a general mechanical failure on the latch part? At least you controlled it enough to not wreck.

On another note, how did it do with the E85? I'm thinking of running two gallons of it versus five of 100.

At a 25% E85 ratio i calculated I needed to increase the fuel on the PE table 5%. that turned out to be very close. Left me at 12.4 A/F a little rich biut OK. next time ill run 50% e85 with a 10% increase in the PE table.

Very sorry to here this, hope the damage is minimal.

There was a guy with a red goat that ran an 11 last night. I didnt get the details other than it was his first 11 and he posts on the GTO forums. I was at dragway 42

It sucks now, but once it's fixed you be able to tell people about "the time all my horsepowers tried to escape!"

ROFLMAO

Or "my car has so much horsepower" It wouldnt fit in the engine bay so it pushed the hood open when i floored it.

This will all be funny once i get the glass cleaned up. I vacumed it before i took it off the trailer and got it into the shop. by the time i drove in it was covered in glass again.

• 2 weeks later...