C5 / Gto

Guest 5.7

If it came down to modding and best over all which would it be?

cleary there is a reason for asking......

A guy messaged me today and we began to talk on a LS forum. He has a 99 C5 m6 that he's wanting to get rid of. It came up he would be interested in my 04 GTO. He's trying to sell his C5 for 19K. Which I was thinking the GTO was 20K so not far off. Should I consider the trade?

i cant speak for the C5 but just from what i've seen on the goats, they appear to be very easy to work on under the hood. headers, heads or just about anything appears to have plenty of room to do so. you'd see better slip times out of the C5 because of weight differences.

I would stick with the GTO. The platform is still good for a strong running car. You have the lS1 (or 2, I'm not sure) which is going to be a great base, and, it sounded like you already had some set plans.

My advice is to stick with it and make this car last.

Guest Mekkahfire
Coming from a vette owner, I'd take the newer GTO over that old of a vette.

wtf its the last generation before the C6.. The BRAND new one.

99 isnt that old guys shesh.

I like the C5, but there is a guy here locally that is a GM Master Tech (runs the Corvette club here in Southwest FL) that told me to stay away from 97-00 C5s. Great platforms, but the early Vettes are more prone to problems (as owners are finding out now that their rides are 8-10 years old). '01 and later C5s have numerous refinements and enhancements over earlier models.

Stick with the GTO.

..plus DeeJay there were only only 5,009 black LS1s like ours made. Take a look at the 2004 GTO going sales price, its been hovering around 20K for over 2 years so the cars holding it's value. As more and more get totaled it's going to get harder to find this car really fast ....and personally I like having a car few other will be able to own.

If it came down to modding and best over all which would it be?

cleary there is a reason for asking......

A guy messaged me today and we began to talk on a LS forum. He has a 99 C5 m6 that he's wanting to get rid of. It came up he would be interested in my 04 GTO. He's trying to sell his C5 for 19K. Which I was thinking the GTO was 20K so not far off. Should I consider the trade?

If your gonna trade for a Vette, might as well be a '01-04 Z06. You can often find '01's for $20-25k. I'd rather do that than trade for a '99.

have you hit your mid life crisis already?...i mean thats the only reason to trade for a vette..

stick with the gto.. better car and if he really wanted to trade straight up i bet that vettes been beat to all piss