Propoerty in FL..

Amy

I have a couple questions for people who know anything about housing and property values.

If anyone is familiar as to the location in Palm Beach, FL. or Ormond Beach, FL. The housing down there seems to be in a beautiful area and almost like Murfield type of homes.. are newer areas usually lower cost or does anyone know why the homes are not as much as they would be in Ohio..?

Any feedback on the area or anyone's dealing's with mortage and real estate companies in that area would be very helpful. Thanks a bunch.

Most housing in the South is cheaper than Ohio. Several areas are more $$$$ but MOST places you can get more house for the money... :cool:

http://cgi.money.cnn.com/tools/costofliving/costofliving.html

Hell, the same house in Beavercreek OH costs me $340k that I can buy in Houston, TX for $160k.... :(

I was really shocked at the prices and the layouts I found. I was looking at a 2263 sq. ft. home. Patio, basement, landscaping was amazing, 2 1/2 car garage.. stucco, cathedral ceilings, wet bar, pool, etc.. and the pricing was amazing! I will post some pics of the homes here soon.

Yes.. I figured these homes would be in the $300+ range.. but are FAR from that.

Ahh a little wind never hurt anyone :-P LOL

No, but the cost to insure it might...some companies aren't even writing policies down there, and the ones that are obviously charge a premium, but I heard in the past 2-3 years they've skyrocketed, like $5k/year on a $150k property.

I'll be vacationg in that area next month, sure wish I could live there.

Guest doulivitup
You will not even get insurance lol and if you are paying cheaper for a house In Fl then here you do not want to live anywhere near it Just my 2 cents I have a House In Siesta Key and here and travel all over Fl and it is so cut up it's not even funny. That part is not my cup of tea but to each his/her own if you want to know about that place you know who to call

Here in Naples, the property values are pretty high. The only major thing that is happening is there are so many homes for sale that the prices are falling. There is a house a block over that listed last year for $639k. It's still on the market and is now at $389k...and the owner is about to foreclose. He had an open house two weeks ago and no one even showed up, plus he hasn't even gotten an offer in a few months.

The economic growth is still really good. People are still moving here in droves, but it's just the current home inventory (let alone thousands and thousands of condos for sale) far exceeds the current demand from people purchasing. That, and homeowners insurance is ridiculous. Plan on spending $6000-$8000 for a $300k home if you're within a couple of miles from the coast. Further inland is cheaper, but you'll lose out to the sketchy population IMHO.

DON'T FORGET...Because Florida's water table is so high (try 24-36" from ground level :eek:) there are almost NO basements. A 2200sq.ft. home in Ohio usually has a basement that adds huge amounts of storage space. The 2200sq.ft. home in Florida does not; you better hope that there is sufficient attic, garage or closet space or you need to get rid of stuff (like coats, snow skis, boots, and sweaters ;) )

Valuable land and homes are still commanding a decent price, though it's way down from the astronomical prices of the last couple of years. If something seems too good to be true... :)