This is getting rediculous....

SPLN SUX

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, I bought a bike, and while its definitely more fun than my 06 Mazda3 daily, they both get about the same gas mileage. And I flog both of them daily, and still average about 30mpg in the car and 32-33mpg on the bike, only difference is the bike takes premium. Again, not that much difference, but I can carry people/shit in the car and drive anytime, compared to the limits on the bike, but it sure is fun.

Just saying..I'm sure with other bikes this might be a different story,but my vtwin likes gas I guess.

HOLY SHIT! How much do they make? Is it really worthwhile at $3.50+/gallon? He drives an A4, not a reliable car, or cheap to run/maintain as a delivery vehicle? Wow, he's either thick headed or ballsier than I. I'd pick up a cheap beater civic or metro to do that and save money.

I guess there must be good money in it if he can justify spending that much in GAS alone, not to mention maintence.

Oh, btw 75 gallons/week is like $260/week in gas, as in OVER $1000 in gas alone per month, do these drivers make multi thousands or what? Cuz that's crazy.

edit, sounds like I need to buy me a honda insight and become a delivery driver for Pizza hut! lol

I make 6.85 +tips, I average about $3-4 per delivery in Dublin if its like a $10-15 order. My A4 has been very reliable so far, bought it with 111K now at 120K just changed the oil every 3K with synthetic. The one thing thats going to hurt is the timing belt/water pump coming up soon. I might be switching jobs soon but im not 100% sure yet.

Oh, btw 75 gallons/week is like $260/week in gas, as in OVER $1000 in gas alone per month, do these drivers make multi thousands or what? Cuz that's crazy.

When I delivered there was a guy that was a full-time driver making $75k a year.