Atheist Billboards To Debut During Holidays

Casper

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if He's there and Islam was supposed to be the religion you were supposed to practice?

They pray numerous times a day, much more discipline people than those of the Christian faith. What if you're not doing enough for your God as a Christian? Maybe you should sacrifice something to the blood moon?

:lol: :lol: this thread is great :fruit:

What if He's there and Islam was supposed to be the religion you were supposed to practice?

They pray numerous times a day, much more discipline people than those of the Christian faith. What if you're not doing enough for your God as a Christian? Maybe you should sacrifice something to the blood moon?

That's very funny:)

Um, God doesn't force people to kneel at certain times of the day to worship Him. He has given grace and mercy to His children. He isn't about works, but instead, faith. It's a childlike faith that God is seeking. Simple, sincere, pure faith. Religion makes RULES for people to follow, but Jesus came to set the captive free. Not to enslave people w/ religious burdens.

I don't have to sacrifice anything or anyone. That's been taken care of. Unlike the religions of the world, that still make sacrifices of pre-scripted prayers, animals, and even people to their gods, I will never be required such a thing. Jesus died in my place and yours. He took on Himself the sins of the world to satisfy the debt that needed be paid. God raised Jesus from the dead, so that unlike any other god, we have faith in a living God. Not a dead idol. God is holy, thus he cannot be in fellowship with sin. The wages of sin is death. But the gift of God is eternal life thru Jesus Christ.

What good is a judicial judge that let's felon go without that felon first paying the price?

If there is a God, and he is a just God, how can he look upon wrong doing and let it go unpunnished. This is where the need for a sacrifice comes in. Somebody's got to pay the penalty. Right?

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished." ---- Matthew 5:17-18

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished." ---- Matthew 5:17-18

You are exactly right here! The law of the prophets is what Jesus came to fulfill. Not the law of the pharisees. The religious leaders in Matthew were burdening the people with works. The Pharisees most of all were the hypocrytes. They spoke with their lips one thing, and did the opposite. These were the ones that were the leaders in the temples. When Jesus saw this going on he was saddened, b/c His people were lost without any good leaders. That's why he taught. He did all he could as a man to teach the truth before they put Him to death. Thus the gospels were recorded by the men that sat under His teaching. Even after his death, resserection, and accention to the heavens, they went on recording the God inspired scriptures of the new test.

Edited by Mandova

God doesn't force people to kneel at certain times of the day to worship Him. He has given grace and mercy to His children. He isn't about works, but instead, faith. It's a childlike faith that God is seeking. Simple, sincere, pure faith. Religion makes RULES for people to follow, but Jesus came to set the captive free. Not to enslave people w/ religious burdens.

How do you know this? You either have to setup two scenarios here

1) If Allah and the Christian God are one in same - why do they think you have to pray 5 times a day toward Mecca, and you don't?

2) They aren't the same God, then one of you (Christian or Muslim) is wrong. And one of you is going to hell.

You sure you want to spend your mortal life picking sides?

How do you know this? You either have to setup two scenarios here

1) If Allah and the Christian God are one in same - why do they think you have to pray 5 times a day toward Mecca, and you don't?

2) They aren't the same God, then one of you (Christian or Muslim) is wrong. And one of you is going to hell.

You sure you want to spend your mortal life picking sides?

You are right. One is the true God and the other is not.

I don't pick sides. I don't condemn other people either. I cannot say that someone is going to hell. I don't have that ability. I do know that the God of the Bible and the god of the Muslim's are not even similar in character. Huge gap to close on that one.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth... "You don't condemn people" but it's OK that your God does? If you follow Him, you implicitly condemn those of other religions.

Why is your God the real one, and theirs false? How do you know? If your answer is faith, keep walking because the Muslim "faith" is much stronger than the Christian one.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth... "You don't condemn people" but it's OK that your God does? If you follow Him, you implicitly condemn those of other religions.

Why is your God the real one, and theirs false? How do you know? If your answer is faith, keep walking because the Muslim "faith" is much stronger than the Christian one.

I don't follow a religion. I have been studying the Bible and the life of Jesus. I am not in a position to say who is going to heaven or hell. That's what I met by, "I do not condemn people". Like I said earlier, the Bible is very clear in Jeremiah and many other prophetic books, that foreign gods and worship of idols were the reason for God's anger and judgement. They took the truth of the holy God and distorted it causing people to fall into a worship of idols (nothingness, dead gods, and false doctrines).

I don't follow a religion. I have been studying the Bible and the life of Jesus. I am not in a position to say who is going to heaven or hell. That's what I met by, "I do not condemn people". Like I said earlier, the Bible is very clear in Jeremiah and many other prophetic books, that foreign gods and worship of idols were the reason for God's anger and judgement. They took the truth of the holy God and distorted it causing people to fall into a worship of idols (nothingness, dead gods, and false doctrines).

Allah isn't a foreign god. Allah is the exact same god as the christian one.

Allah isn't a foreign god. Allah is the exact same god as the christian one.

Allah is a tribal god from Mohammud "the prophet" claims is the same. Yes I have read the Koran / Quran, and they are different. Perhaps to an agnostic or atheist it would all be the same, perhaps to a non-christian it would all be just a technical difference - but the difference is like kissing your girlfriend Janet and telling her you love Denise - just not the same person.

Again, maybe to you they are the same however when the bible clearly says Jesus was given the 'name above all names', and 'there is only one name under heaven and earth by which we must be saved (the name of Jesus)', now just in case you might be thinking something like that's all well and good for Jesus, but we're talking about God the Father - Jesus himself said 'I and the father are one'.

If anyone wants chapter and verse, I can supply (didn't want to go that far).

Here's a small (but HUGE) difference between Biblical Christianity and every other Religion, Scam, Cult, Sect, or intellectual/spiritual exercise -

1. Every other religion, etc, boils down to People having universal problem and the solution is to do stuff to get into their god's good graces to get to an eternal bliss

2. True Biblical Christianity boils down People having a universal problem and the solution is God himself comes down, provides the solution and it is by that solution People can go to eternal bliss instead of having to do certains acts, sacrifices, etc to go.

You are exactly right here! The law of the prophets is what Jesus came to fulfill. Not the law of the pharisees. The religious leaders in Matthew were burdening the people with works. The Pharisees most of all were the hypocrytes. They spoke with their lips one thing, and did the opposite. These were the ones that were the leaders in the temples. When Jesus saw this going on he was saddened, b/c His people were lost without any good leaders. That's why he taught. He did all he could as a man to teach the truth before they put Him to death. Thus the gospels were recorded by the men that sat under His teaching. Even after his death, resserection, and accention to the heavens, they went on recording the God inspired scriptures of the new test.

Mandie...a really easy way to explain the old vs. the new is simply to say that the old testement is how God feels about sin and the new testement is how he feels about the sinner. Regardless about which part you are studying you will ALWAYS see the crimson thread of grace sewn throughout.

Allah is a tribal god from Mohammud "the prophet" claims is the same. Yes I have read the Koran / Quran, and they are different. Perhaps to an agnostic or atheist it would all be the same, perhaps to a non-christian it would all be just a technical difference - but the difference is like kissing your girlfriend Janet and telling her you love Denise - just not the same person.

Whatever gets you through the night.

Again, maybe to you they are the same however when the bible clearly says Jesus was given the 'name above all names', and 'there is only one name under heaven and earth by which we must be saved (the name of Jesus)', now just in case you might be thinking something like that's all well and good for Jesus, but we're talking about God the Father - Jesus himself said 'I and the father are one'.

If anyone wants chapter and verse, I can supply (didn't want to go that far).

Wrong. This is just proof (ironically enough) are nothing more than a sheep believing what you are being spoon fed. The irony being you quoted, 'I and the father are one' were Jesus was talking about his followers ("sheep") and only meant that the Jews couldn't take his followers from him just like they couldn't from God. He wasn't actually claiming to be God or equivalent just stating that they were alike in this fashion.

""...Neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father who gave them me, is greater than all, and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are One."

You got me on the 'name above all names' one. I don't remember that quote at all and couldn't find it either. Feel free to cite.

You got me on the 'name above all names' one. I don't remember that quote at all and couldn't find it either. Feel free to cite.

I'm not arguing anything...just showing you where it is.

Philippians 2:8-10 (Amplified Bible)

Amplified Bible (AMP)

Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

8And after He had appeared in human form, He abased and humbled Himself [still further] and carried His obedience to the extreme of death, even the death of the cross!

9Therefore [because He stooped so low] God has highly exalted Him and has [a]freely bestowed on Him the name that is above every name,

10That in (at) the name of Jesus every knee should (must) bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

I believe there is a "god" or higher power... may it be, said that I also believe that all religions are like multiple interstates leading to the same god. Not one is better than the other and all should be respected. This "My living true god" crap that Christians spout pisses me off! How do you say your right when there are religions that predate yours... arrogance much? I'm fundamental in my belief that religion starts wars also, just look at history. Most all war was based on some form of religious belief or interpretation thereof. Saying that, don't come on here and preach to others and tell people that their god is not real, and yours is, that is essentially what all Christians do, that is just wrong!

Might want to hold off on that. Blood moon' date=' hmmm.... I'm guessing that particular story in the Bible was told by someone that has never seen an eclipse before. IMAO.[/quote']

This is possibly the case. I have looked-up the passage out of Revelation and I want to apologize for implying that the moon WAS blood, when it doesn't state that at all. It only reads that the moon turned a color that appeared red. Forgive me, but it still will be true that the moon will appear to look as blood.

Revelation 6:12

I looked when he opened the 6th seal and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood.

You can also find a similar referrence in Matthew 24:29-31 These are the words of Jesus:

Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven w/ power and great glory. And He will send His angels w/ a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

(this being after the tribulation time)