wtb: tools

baron_

Yea, simple request

When my car was stolen last month, they also got my huge tool box in the trunk

Probably $5,000 in craftsman tools and miscellaneous stuff

any suggestions on where to start rebuilding?

i usually stick to craftsman stuff - easy to replace and accumulate sets

I'd like to find one of the larger socket/ratchet sets to start with

interesting

i'm getting a little insurance $$ from it, so i might buy the craftsman anyways

but i'll definitely take a look at them, first

i love those ratcheting flexible wrenches from craftsman, the ones that lock

those are first on my list to get back

oh don't get me wrong i have alot of crapsman sockets along with matco and snap-off but for $20 for 3/8 - 1 1/4 you can beat it and there impact sockets. for wrenches i love my craftsman professionals (longer and better body kinda like snap on just fatter)

on another note did you ever get your GTO back?

didn't ever hear a word

insurance paid me 14,000 today

they appraised it at 37k

Sucks.

my fault for not having collector car insurance

but i wasn't eligible for that until i hit 25, which was 2 months ago

i agree, i've got a lot of craftsman, but I bought my impact gun, impact sockets, and screwdrivers from harbor freight, only reason I bought the gun was because it was $60 on sale w/ coupon, has 700ft-lbs of torque and it was a deal! I've used it over a year, on quite a few cars and its never skipped a beat. Plus the impact sockets I've broke two, but are lifetime warranty, you can't beat that when its $8 for 15 sockets. The screwdrivers also, 22 screwdrivers for $7. Sure they aren't the best, but all hand tools have a lifetime warranty, just like craftsmen and I haven't had a problem with them. I know I'd have hundreds if not thousands more into my tools if I went all name-brand, but I just want what works, not some spiffy name brand.

sorry about the car.

if you want a mechanics 263 pc ratchet set, go into Sears June 3rd-9th. They will be on sale for $169.99 for CRAFTSMAN CLUB members.They are usually $269.99. i work there and we get the store ads in advance and this is when they will be the cheapest this year. You buy a lot of craftsman tools so im asuming you are a craftsmans club member. any other sales you need let me know ill tell you whats on sale for this craftsman club sale

if you want a mechanics 263 pc ratchet set, go into Sears June 3rd-9th. They will be on sale for $169.99 for CRAFTSMAN CLUB members.They are usually $269.99. i work there and we get the store ads in advance and this is when they will be the cheapest this year. You buy a lot of craftsman tools so im asuming you are a craftsmans club member. any other sales you need let me know ill tell you whats on sale for this craftsman club sale

Which set?

This one? http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00933263000

I do not have many tools and was looking to get a good starter set like this.

I went ahead and joined the Craftman club online a few moments ago. :>

Thanks for the heads up!

Which set?

This one? http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00933263000

I do not have many tools and was looking to get a good starter set like this.

I went ahead and joined the Craftman club online a few moments ago. :>

Thanks for the heads up!

yes thats the set. it is a great starter. wait until june 3rd to go and get it, the price will be $169.99

any of the slightly smaller sets coming on sale?

any of the slightly smaller sets coming on sale?

there is a 155pc mechanics tool set item#35155(to find it easy online) going on sale for $89.99

also a craftsman 80th anniversary edition 125pc mechanics set item#46125 on sale for $69.99

remember these sales are june 3rd- 9th with craftsman club membership

hey heelside, what about just rachet sets, or pliers sets, etc, or just single hand tools? I just signed up for the craftsmen club membership today, so hopefully i can find some good deals. thanks for the heads up

hey heelside, what about just rachet sets, or pliers sets, etc, or just single hand tools? I just signed up for the craftsmen club membership today, so hopefully i can find some good deals. thanks for the heads up

Craftsman Professional 3pc locking pliers set $25.99 (reg $36.99) item#45713

Craftsman 4pc 80th anniv. edition pliers set $18.99(reg.$24.99) item#45458

Craftsman 19pc screwdriver set $18.99(reg $24.99) item#41506

Almost all hand tools will be on sale