Rx 7 Meet! 7/7/07

Mojoe

Yep. I wish I had dynoed, my dad was curious about what my car makes stock.

Missed your car there...I had a '84 GSL-SE...back in the day. Same color, too. I did 158RWHP with a header, rest stock, and hardly anything you could call tuning. It was healthy...for the day.

Tony

So the tri-rotor that caught on fire was AWESOME! I only saw his first run, but I think that read 560ho

Someone will post a video soon (I hope!)

I am not too sure if AWESOME is the best way to describe your pride and joy going up in flames. Nevertheless, here be the vid kids!

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?p=480247#post480247

Ty

I am not too sure if AWESOME is the best way to describe your pride and joy going up in flames. Nevertheless, here be the vid kids!

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?p=480247#post480247

Ty

When you say "your pride and joy going up in flames" I thought the issue was fairly minor. I mean, it was capable of running a second time after an engine fire.

Did you find out what the issue was? Was it a fuel line or something?

Never the less, absolutely SWEET car.

The issue with that car was injector related. I don't know the parts enough to say what happened. But, the guy got it fix, went back on the dyno, broke it, fixed it and still drove 2+ hours home. He made 560+ wheel from what I understand and was on low boost.

From the best I could see he either had a VERY VERY small pinhole leak coming from his secondary fuel rail near the #1 rotor's secondary injector or a faulty lower intake mani to block seal that would only leak under 18psi-ish+ of boost.

During a hard pull, fuel mist would escape, and as soon as he let off, BOOM.. we have ignition. I still don't know what ignited the fire(s).

I PM'd the guy on rx7club and he made it home to West Virginia fine.