Trip Out West - September 4 - 13, 2009

Casper

Trip Out West - Are you going? (Don't vote if you're unsure)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Trip Out West - Are you going? (Don't vote if you're unsure)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we'll never know because it's scheduled when school is back in session...jerks. Besides, I'd just ride bitch with you and make you do all the damn work. That way I can text, surf the internet, fill out some mad-libs and maybe play some travel bingo.

It's only a week, if you start kissing ass now I'm sure they'd let you have it off. Your not riding with me, I'm not lugging your xbox around for a week, and I'd have to get one of those child restraints and snap us together so you don't blow off :lol:

But seriously, speaking of doing other stuff while riding on the back of a bike... Tonya sleeps while I drive... But she's only done that a few times LOL she's about the same size as you, there must be a vacuum behind my big ass that keeps her stuck there :)

Edited by Dweezel

I logged 4 nights in hotels this past week for work, so I got a lot of important paperwork done for work. Oddly enough it all looks a lot like the routes for the Trip West.

I have the complete route mapped out and saved as day by day routes. If you have Microsoft's Streets and Trips '07 or newer - PM your email address to me and I'll send you the routes. If you don't have Streets and Trips, go buy a copy. It's only like $25 or so. Great tool for trip planning, etc. Could always buy one copy and pass it around to everyone.

I'll also do daily trip sheets that I'll email to everyone. Those will have the hotel name, reservation numbers and routes so you can put a daily sheet in the top of your tank bag. This way, if you get seperated from the group, you'll know where we're staying that night and will have a suggested route to get there.

I may do a roll chart as well for the entire trip. If anyone has a roll chart holder and will send me the paper, I'll do a roll chart for it as well.

Eric

dam.. couple years and ill be able to do this.. this looks like a sweet trip!, for if i were to do this a couple years from now what would be the best way to set my luggage and clothes and what not on an 02 r6. back pack, tank bag, bag on the back?

Don't do a backpack. You're regret that one an hour into the trip. If you use a backpack, strap it to the rear seat. I use saddlebags:

l_5a45ee64a6be4b36a301b261a7bd14be.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to get the hotel rooms reserved sometime within the next week. If you'd like to get yours done at the same time, let me know and we'll arrange it.

Who amonst this group is definitely going?

List of who's probably going:

Earache - confirmed

Casper - confirmed

cbrgirl - out... not enough vacation

wolfman

zerocrash

Dweezel

Shittygsxr

RiceBurner - out

Outlawz69

Edited by Earache

• 2 months later...
Nevada in the summer is no fun at all. Utah is bad enough!

i lived out there in Yuma Az. nothing like jumping on the bike and getting blisters after its been in heat awhile , and 120 to 136 degrees in gear . thats just better than sex.

I'm heading out July 3 for a week of recon. Have a couple of new places I'd like to check out - if they're any good, we can hit them in Sept.

Be nice to get a firm headcount of who's going - approaching the time to make hotel arrangements, etc.