Need Help-Trains

Guest FooFooMaru

Guest FooFooMaru

My mother just turned 54 and she has never been on a train and has always wanted to. Do you know of the closet train station? My dad said Lima but I can't seem to find the proper site online. It also said cincy and akron I think but if anyone has specific help or tips i'd love to take em.

I appreciate it. Me and the Fam want to go on one for her so thanks for any given info. Means a lot. I like to try and keep her smiling. She's worked at Honda factory for 21 years now and it's getting hard on her.

Fostoria. I took the Lake Shore Limited to Chicago, got on the California Zephyr. Great ride. IF you need to know anything else, gimme a pm. Amtrak's site was very helpful, but this was about 4 years ago now.

If you're willing to drive a bit, you can get rides on proper locomotives. The closest I know of is in Cuyahoga park near Cleveland.

http://www.nps.gov/archive/cuva/planavisit/todo/recreation/cvsr.htm

http://irishmurr.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=gallery&Data=1769988&format=atom03

Traveling by train is almost as expensive as flying. If you're going to the trouble, you may as well go out west and take one of the big loco tours.

Lima...is kinda a depressing place when it comes to the locomotive industry.

I've driven through Nelsonville a few million times and always pass what looks like a scenic train tour right behind the Rocky Boot Factory. Its only about a 45 minute drive from Columbus iirc.

I saw adds for that last night on TV. Seems like it would be a good idea if you just want to do the scenic train ride.