Movie Review: Hostel II

CobraKevin

Summary: Very similar backstory as the first movie - a couple of friends (girls this time around) meet a rather friendly foreign female who leads them to a destination slightly different than they had originally planned. Things obviously begin to get awkward and eventially terrifying as one by one they're "hunted" by rich people with demented minds. This time around, however, you get the leisure of following both plot lines - that of the horrified prey and the ruthless predators.

Pros: Boobies. Slight sensual suggestive nature between two women, rather intriguing (and painful) life-ending solutions, and sufficient gore to satisfy.

Cons: The general storyline sort of fell flat compared to the first, the hunter portion of the story was (for me) rather confusing and a little whack, and it just seemed there was very little pushing-the-envelope for this type of film.

Conclusion: 3.75/5.00. If you weren't a fan of the first one, I don't think this will help matters much. If you were a fan of the first, your opinion could go either way depending on what you value in a film like this. I personally enjoyed the more psychological thriller aspect that Hostel brought to the table, as well as the "Inspired by a True Story" tag it wore well. However, like other "true horror stories" (Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Exorcist), the originals usually reign supreme, maybe due to the lack of ability the sequels have of holding said tag. All in all, I am much more excited looking ahead to 1408.

-Kevin

boobs were limited. only tits i think they showed were the ugly girl's.

Negative. When the clients were in the "club" they had lots of naked women to choose from.

There was more male frontal nudity than I cared for in this movie.

Negative. When the clients were in the "club" they had lots of naked women to choose from.

There was more male frontal nudity than I cared for in this movie.

+10

The abundance of schlong really killed it. :(

I may still have nightmares of my parts being fed to a dog .