6.0L LS2 400 HP questions??

Vander

The Chevy Trailblazer SS has a 6.0L 400HP engine in it. Also I believe the Pontiac GTO has the same engine. If I wanted a Trailblazer SS but didn't want to pay $30,000, couldn't I just buy a normal Trailblazer (rwd not 4x4) then drop the LS2 engine in it? I believe this will work, but wanted to check and see what complications I may have and what not. Let me know.

AWD or RWD doesn't matter now. I would by an SS but it's way out of my budget.

The Trailblazer is an I-6 4.2L. And I want to put the V-8 6.0L

I'm pretty sure it can be done, but wanted the opinions and knowledge off all of the gm owners here. because I'm use to building Japanese cars.

One thing I wanted to make sure, can the 6.0L fit in the bay?

The 6.0 in the trailblazer SS is rated at 395 but i do know the inline six is probally a little longer block then the ls2 and width wise plenty of room. I dont think space will be a problem. They offer Trailblazer extendeds with a 5.3v8 so maybe some of the equipment from them would help.

why don't you just get a regular trailblazer with the 5.3L in it? if you do a swap then you'll need the Y-pipe, oil pan, radiator, cooling fan, fan shroud and quite a bit more things. by the time you got everything together you could have just bought a used TB with a 5.3L and did the LS2 long block swap and been out ahead still.

Used Trailblazer SS's are relatively cheap ($25k and under last I checked a few months ago).. Theres no doubt in my mind it'd be cheaper to go that route than try and upgrade a lower model.

you'll be chasing parts forever to do that swap, when they already make a car with everything in it that you want. TBSS's can be had for mid $20's used. beware of the tranny, its been know to take a crap early, and at stock hp levels. i would not buy one without a warranty.

it is the same, if not a very similar engine. how much work for the swap, i have no idea. interesting idea though, good luck.

as a man who swapped a 5.0 mustang motor into a 95 cavy it still can be a nightmare.

add to the fact that there is a chance it might not run since all the computer systems are programed for a 4.2L and that ECM. and all the drive by wire control modules and pedel assembly will need to be added to your list.

So it fits, that is good. So what else will I need besides, the Engine, transmission, ecu and wiring harness? Also what problems may I run into?

The biggest problem is COST...$$$$$

You can buy a 2WD or AWD Trailblazer SS (with the LS2 already in it) for a lot less than what it's going to cost you to convert it. Not only that but why not get a warranty while you are at it.

Or you could just sell what you have and go buy a new one. Invoice is $30k on a new 2WD stripper PLUS they are offering a $4k rebate right now so you could walk out with a BRAND NEW one for $26k... ;)