LS1 in a civic hatch

Guest Wunna Dig Race

thats only about 2 months of working on it.....and havent broken $1000 yet in the whole project....including buying the cars.....

How the hell did heget everything for under a grand???

Vette was totaled and the civic had a knocking motor....

I think he is going to be welding in teh "hump" from the vette into the civic...

I like the project and it would be kick ass!

How the hell did heget everything for under a grand???

Read the thread, and the guy breaks down how he did.

He will never get any traction ever..

Why not? Same Vette suspension, wheels, tires, and probably similar weight over the rear wheels considering all of the added bracing. IMO it should weight transfer better.

you had the 330ci before right?

i woulda kept that, but thats me

But you drive an Elantra, so I don't think he is going to be taking your car advice any time ever.

Did anyone catch the torque tube as a arm rest :wtf: I hope it never come apart. Whould be fun to drive if it stays together

If you think about it, on a stock Vette, there isn't much more between the driver and the torque tube. Plastic center console, and a thin piece of sheet metal. I'm not sure how strong the torque tubes are, though.

I think it is a neat idea, though not something I'm really into. I bet he will get a good chunk of money out of it if he ever sells the finished product.

you had the 330ci before right?

i woulda kept that, but thats me

330i yes. Maintaining it was a PITA and it just wasn't working out too well for me. I'm happy with the trade, although my girl gets a little angry about it.

Those Civics weigh 2300lbs stock.. not sure how much that one will weigh but there's no weight on the rear wheels, no trunk.

That's fine and dandy, but did you read the whole thread and look at all the pics. It's basically a Vette with a Civic body bolted on. Did you see all the added bracing in the back? There IS weight back there!