Best avatar on cr goes to..

Stimmel1647545512

Ice couldn't rap for shit

I can just see you in the early 90's listening to boom box and bustin a move to Ice Ice. :p

No matter what anyone says, almost everyone jammed to that song back in the day and if you say you didn't (not singling you out, Miller) then you're probably lying. Chances are you were at least at club, party, or something even if you didn't own the cassette at some point.

Here's another one for you guys. Milli Vanilli. lol

I can just see you in the early 90's listening to boom box and bustin a move to Ice Ice. :p

No matter what anyone says, almost everyone jammed to that song back in the day and if you say you didn't (not singling you out, Miller) then you're probably lying. Chances are you were at least at club, party, or something even if you didn't own the cassette at some point.

Here's another one for you guys. Milli Vanilli. lol

Remember when that song was out most here were in diapers. :)

I remember when he did a concert in Columbus my uncle worked for Record Plant and he came into town. he called me and said I have a gig I columbus at Vets. So I drove down to vets to see him and asked who the show was for "Vanilla something or another". He gave me backstage passes and front row tickets, I went home before the sound check even started.

vanilla ice stole from Bowie/Queen.

no v.i. apologist here, but have you heard any music that come out in like, the last ten years? everybody is a biter, man. everyone. hell, i hear more parliament in other peoples music than i hear in their own. george clinton is all up in everybody's shit.

no v.i. apologist here, but have you heard any music that come out in like, the last ten years? everybody is a biter, man. everyone. hell, i hear more parliament in other peoples music than i hear in their own. george clinton is all up in everybody's shit.

I read a sci-fi short story/novella, whatever, in an old Asimov collection about human's genetically engineering artists, etc. It revolved around a young boy who was raised by himself without any access to music; hearing it, reading it, seeing it, etc. (there may've been other things, but it's been many years and the memory's hazy.) This was to be sure the music he composed was completely untainted by past composers or anything else. All art had become convoluted and repeated, etc. There was nothing original anymore.

Anyway, to reiterate Orion's point, it seems everything's been done under the sun. "The Simpsons did it." Even if you're not purposely trying to incorporate other's work, it's hard not to. It gets in your head.

We need to meet some new cultures. Time to meet some artistic aliens instead of just the perverted ones that probe everyone. ;)