iPhone rates with at&t

Akula

Email: The iPhone can connect with most popular consumer email services, including Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, EarthLink and others. It can also handle corporate email using Microsoft's Exchange system, if your IT department cooperates by enabling a setting on the server.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118289311361649057.html?mod=blogs

Finally Confirmed: What the iPhone Doesn't Have

• Songs as Ringtones

• Games

• Any flash support

• Instant Messaging

• Picture messages (MMS)

• Video recording

• Voice recognition or voice dialing

• Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Streaming (A2DP)

• One-size-fits-all headset jack (May have to buy an adapter for certain headphones)

Stuff we already knew it didn't have

• 3G (EV-DO/HSDPA)

• GPS

• A real keyboard

• Removable battery

• Expandable Storage

• Direct iTunes Music Store Access (Over Wi-Fi or EDGE)

if the phone was unlocked and I could use my UK sim card I would be firmly on the fence about getting one. Since I cannot use my UK sim with my $.10/minute prepaid rate I am not very interested.

Finally Confirmed: What the iPhone Doesn't Have

• Songs as Ringtones

• Games

• Any flash support

• Instant Messaging

• Picture messages (MMS)

• Video recording

• Voice recognition or voice dialing

• Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Streaming (A2DP)

• One-size-fits-all headset jack (May have to buy an adapter for certain headphones)

Stuff we already knew it didn't have

• 3G (EV-DO/HSDPA)

• GPS

• A real keyboard

• Removable battery

• Expandable Storage

• Direct iTunes Music Store Access (Over Wi-Fi or EDGE)

Wow, my Treo 700 has almost all of that. No games on it, but there are tons of frees ones out there for it. I can't recall if it is A2DP compatiable (my personal phone is), and I'm not sure if it has voice dial. And no Itunes, but I just throw MP3's on an SD card.

So my slightly dated Treo pretty much does everything this iPhone does, and a lot it doesn't do. Nice. :)

Wow, my Treo 700 has almost all of that. No games on it, but there are tons of frees ones out there for it. I can't recall if it is A2DP compatiable (my personal phone is), and I'm not sure if it has voice dial. And no Itunes, but I just throw MP3's on an SD card.

So my slightly dated Treo pretty much does everything this iPhone does, and a lot it doesn't do. Nice. :)

That list of what it doesn't have is stupid. I could care less about those, if you want to pic message soon you will just e-mail it because the majority will have a phone that does e-mail soon. This phone will change all other companies phones. That phone damn near replaces a laptop for most people including me. And with the plans, that Data is free, you have the net all the time as long as you have service. I am may be switching in 6 months once I read more and actually use one. By then At&t may do what all other phone companies do and reduce the cost of the phone to get new customers. AT&T is about to launch into cable and HDTV also, I see Big things happening for their comeback.

The family plan will be cheaper for us than verizon we pay 100 for I think 1200 min with the family plan it is 120 for 2100 min and we will have a third person on our plan so it will be 80 to us and 40 to the other person, with each of us 700min, free nights and weekends, unlimited data, and guess what ROLLOVER. Verizon what? My wifes work pays $50 amount towards our cell phone bill as her phone will is her work phone. SO for $30 a month that is way more minutes, and Rollover when we don't use them. Verizon is going to have to start this soon, I see many people swithching.

That list of what it doesn't have is stupid. I could care less about those, if you want to pic message soon you will just e-mail it because the majority will have a phone that does e-mail soon. This phone will change all other companies phones. That phone damn near replaces a laptop for most people including me. And with the plans, that Data is free, you have the net all the time as long as you have service. I am may be switching in 6 months once I read more and actually use one. By then At&t may do what all other phone companies do and reduce the cost of the phone to get new customers. AT&T is about to launch into cable and HDTV also, I see Big things happening for their comeback.

But what does this phone do that a decent PDA phone doesn't do? Thing doesn't even have a keyboard!

Don't get your hopes up too high for the AT&T TV stuff...from a little bit of inside stuff I've heard, it's not all it's cracked up to be, and growth will be very slow.

But what does this phone do that a decent PDA phone doesn't do? Thing doesn't even have a keyboard!

Don't get your hopes up too high for the AT&T TV stuff...from a little bit of inside stuff I've heard, it's not all it's cracked up to be, and growth will be very slow.

It's an Ipod, the accessories for it will be enormous. I bet within a 6months they will have a portable plug in keyboard to type on if you want one. The better stuff is: ease of use and the screen is almost twice the size of your Treo. Not to mention you do not need a stylus. It does regular e-mail easily, and the internet is not a corner of a page like it is on my father in laws Moto Q. F that phone it sucks! I can't wait to play with one, I have 6 months to make a decision. On paper it looks great to me, maybe not you. There is really nothing wrong with your treo, they are good phones, I have a razor and well I feel that phone is out dated now. I like that AT&T will do ROLLOVER, F verizon for that. We waste minutes most months then one month we are over and get charged out the ass. Not to mention I have noticed almost 1/3 of my calls get dropped now. When I call Joe his phone drops the call EVERY time. He has called Verizon and they tell him nothing is wrong and "tough".

I mean you can watch 7 hrs of video, it has the longest lasting battery of ANY phone. Go read the site, watch the video there. This devise will change all phones. Like I said it looks good on paper to me. I mean for the same price I am paying now with Verizon, I would have FULL access to the internet on a large screen almost at all times now. Verizon charges extra for that and now on my razor I can only go to a few major sites. I will be able to post here from the iphone at any time.

^ what a waste.

I wouldnt buy it mainly because of the MMS, Battery and expandable storage. What a crock!

I can se your point on the battery but why would you need expandable storage when you have 40 or 80 gig of space? Whether you Like the Iphone or not it is great it will force the other company to complete an create phones with simular features and abilities plus more.

Shawn, it's 4 or 8 Gig flash memory. :)http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

BTW the battery is a drawback with 8 hrs of talk time? ( my razor would need 4 or 5 batteries to do that) If you need to switch batteries on that phone you spend way too much time on the phone. 6 Hrs of internet time? 24hrs of music play back? 250 Standby hours? :lol: Yep that Battery sucks! :rolleyes:

I can't believe all the hate......

As far as I am concerned, please don't buy one, in six months they will be dirt cheap if people hate them like they hate macs, because if ignorance.

I have been using my brother in law's ibook, (bottom of the line now) and I love it, it boots up faster it does everything faster, and the battery in that thing lasts much longer than my cheap laptop. I am starting to like Mac products.

This will be a draw back IMO:

Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)

In Phoenix in the summer it gets pretty hot like 113 a few times. SOme people still run and exercise outside in that heat because they are used to it. Sucks if it quits working because of heat.

Oh Snap, trippple with 2 RBIs.

I am a big mac fan, and I cannot stand it when someone tells me "you have to use it this way". What about international, there is no Cingular/at&t in London, so why can't I just use my London SIM.

Trust me, if they made it available for all carriers it would sell like crazy. but since I am locked into Verizon and Orange (UK) I can only look at it and hope it sucks (prolly won't).

I am a big mac fan, and I cannot stand it when someone tells me "you have to use it this way". What about international, there is no Cingular/at&t in London, so why can't I just use my London SIM.

Trust me, if they made it available for all carriers it would sell like crazy. but since I am locked into Verizon and Orange (UK) I can only look at it and hope it sucks (prolly won't).

verizon will never have it. They will want to put there own software on it and mac will not let that happen. If Verizon does get it I will be floored.

Oh and Ben thanks for correcting me :). Still 4 and 8 gig of memory is alot for a phone.

The family plan will be cheaper for us than verizon we pay 100 for I think 1200 min with the family plan it is 120 for 2100 min and we will have a third person on our plan so it will be 80 to us and 40 to the other person, with each of us 700min, free nights and weekends, unlimited data, and guess what ROLLOVER. Verizon what? My wifes work pays $50 amount towards our cell phone bill as her phone will is her work phone. SO for $30 a month that is way more minutes, and Rollover when we don't use them. Verizon is going to have to start this soon, I see many people swithching.

Verizon doesn't need rollover minutes why pay for minutes your not even using? We put customers in the plan that fits them.

Why get a $600 dollar phone when you can get a pda for cheaper and it does more stuff and will be THOUSAND TIMES more realiable guess what if your phone breaks you can't just walk into a cingular store and get it fixed you have to go to a Apple store to get your phone fixed, and more then likely they will have to ship the phone away to get repairs.

This will be a nightmare for Cingular.

Everyone acts like this is the next big thing when PDA's have been doing the samething and a lot more for years!

I'm all about the Iphone.

The only thing that gets me is lack of flash support. As much browsing as I would do with it, that becomes a VERY SERIOUS drawback. Now, when I can start using MP3's as ringtones, and can browse ANY website I please....

I'll be sold!