Twin Turbo V6 Firebird dyno

v6grandprixgt98

what gas? how much alcohol? 31 pounds is a lotta boost. impressive none the less.

It ran IMPORT gas not sure what octain, I know it's higher then 116. and No alcohol. He was going to turn up the boost more, but his fuel injectors were just about maxed.

:eek::eek::eek: Now that's a car worthy of having a plate that reads "EATSV8S" or "V8KLLR"

Tim does have a way with the 3800's. Wish I even had a clue about that stuff.

It is kind of sad to see the car look like that, and that's the sound that comes out of it (which is NOT wicked, BTW).

Very quick and very impressive, though. I just wonder what the guy could do with an LSx under the hood............

Joe, I respect your opinion, but it sucks.

How about an LS4 :D There's one single turbo GXP in Canada running just fine. Not sure of the details on it, but it runs very low 13's with only like 6lbs of boost. Kinda expensive for what it does, but then he's running it ultra conservative to save on tranny failures, etc.....since it's his every day grocery getter and all. Still, he has the fastest GXP that we know of. Just a bit quicker than one that was sprayed with a 75hp shot. That one had tuning issues that never got worked out perfectly.

It is kind of sad to see the car look like that, and that's the sound that comes out of it (which is NOT wicked, BTW).

Very quick and very impressive, though. I just wonder what the guy could do with an LSx under the hood............

How about an LS4 :D There's one single turbo GXP in Canada running just fine. Not sure of the details on it, but it runs very low 13's with only like 6lbs of boost. Kinda expensive for what it does, but then he's running it ultra conservative to save on tranny failures, etc.....since it's his every day grocery getter and all. Still, he has the fastest GXP that we know of. Just a bit quicker than one that was sprayed with a 75hp shot. That one had tuning issues that never got worked out perfectly.

http://smiliesftw.com/x/chad.gif

How could you say that? The 3800 has a very nice sound, and those turbos sound great on the spool with that motor. Derek put a stage 2 comp cam into my old bird and with the pipes open, the motor sounded great.

How could you say that? The 3800 has a very nice sound, and those turbos sound great on the spool with that motor. Derek put a stage 2 comp cam into my old bird and with the pipes open, the motor sounded great.

If it doesn't have a LTWUN or LSX Joe no care.

You could make a full stock interior civic with a/c that runs 9's N/A with the stock motor and still gets 45mpg while looking 100% stock and driving like stock. (not that this will ever exist but still) and he'd still shun it.

No V8..no care.

I still <3 you Joe :)

If it doesn't have a LTWUN or LSX Joe no care.

You could make a full stock interior civic with a/c that runs 9's N/A with the stock motor and still gets 45mpg while looking 100% stock and driving like stock. (not that this will ever exist but still) and he'd still shun it.

No V8..no care.

I still <3 you Joe :)

I disagree. I wouldn't want that Civic because it is still an econo-box. ;)

I like motors that aren't V8's (I respect a number of 10 and 12 cylinders as well :D ). I have no issue at all with the 3800 either, but I'm sorry, it doesn't sound all that good. Far better than a fart-piped 4-banger, but a far cry from what a turbo LSx sounds like.

The car is very impressive. My only points are if the guy can do that with a 3800, what could he do with a better platform?

This is what happens when your heads are not up to their job.

It takes a bit of pressure to get any decent airflow out of the 3800. The head design is somewhat lacking compared to race spec, modern day V6. Tack on the heads are cast...it can be a very disappointing power plant.

It takes a bit of pressure to get any decent airflow out of the 3800. The head design is somewhat lacking compared to race spec, modern day V6. Tack on the heads are cast...it can be a very disappointing power plant.

Get off the internet Nate, you damn nerd!!

That car is nice and I just wonder how much more power can be achived from it.

The sound coming from that car sucks. I own a 3.8 GM and it's sound sucks ass, they drone *period* If you like the sound of the 3800, then you might have hearing problems and might be making a sound up in your head of what it should sound like, cause they sound like shit. Now the turbo spool does sound nice, but you can get that on any turbo car.

The car still kicks ass.

The sound coming from that car sucks. I own a 3.8 GM and it's sound sucks ass, they drone *period* If you like the sound of the 3800, then you might have hearing problems and might be making a sound up in your head of what it should sound like, cause they sound like shit. Now the turbo spool does sound nice, but you can get that on any turbo car.

The car still kicks ass.

The 231 in the GN sounds alot better then the 3800 SI/SII.

I disagree. I wouldn't want that Civic because it is still an econo-box. ;)

I like motors that aren't V8's (I respect a number of 10 and 12 cylinders as well :D ). I have no issue at all with the 3800 either, but I'm sorry, it doesn't sound all that good. Far better than a fart-piped 4-banger, but a far cry from what a turbo LSx sounds like.

I hate LSX/LT1s with just cut-outs. They sound like crap in the higher RPMS.