Ticket Question

Guest Hal

Ok, background story time. Last night I was coming home from QS&L doing 35 in a 35, yay me. Well, I passed a cop and he turned out and shortly after pulled me over. This guy goes on about he pulled me over last year for tint which I never fixed, and now he sees I don't have a front plate so he's mad about that. He simply tells me that because of who I am (related to another Westerville cop), I get another warning. Today, my girl wanted to go for a ride. Not 10 mins after leaving, I get pulled over AGAIN. Different cop, I found out later he's in a probationary period and looking for everything 'cause he's new. He pulled me over for no font plate, and I explained I was given a warning for that and my tint last night (he already got the measurment at 20% at that point). He takes my license and goes off for a few minutes to write me a ticket to fix the tint and plate. They're giving me 5 business days to do it, and I work all of those days.

Ok, onto my question(s). First, there were only 490 Zinc Cobra coupes made in '03; can I get collector tags based on that? I do have over $5000 in mods, but getting those receipts may be rough. Second, is it possible in Ohio to get a waiver on tint by an eye doctor? I actually do have a lot of sensitivity to light, and my tint helps a lot when it's sunny out. Third, if I can get those things done somehow in this time period, will they count to dismiss the ticket?

Before anyone says anything, I already know I broke the law. If I can't get any of this to work, I'm just paying whatever the ticket will cost because I am not fixing that stuff. Does anyone have any other suggestions other than fixing the stuff?

Yes you can get a wavier it's a little bit of a bitch. You have to goto the DMV and get a paper for it. A affadvit maybe I had one when i was younger. It is something you hae to renew also.

its possible but it will take paper work going through the BMV.... lets just say they aren't really timely and they probably wont care you have a deadline. Goodluck though.

Collectors plates not allow you to skirt the law when displaying a front plate just as Howard said. In addition, you have to have another vehicle registered with the BMV as a daily.

If you do and want them anyways, get a letter from Ford stating the limited production numbers of the Cobra, although I believe the Cobra is automatically defined by the BMV's guide as collector and you just do the paperwork and call it a day.

Looks like I'll probably end up just paying it. When I asked the officer, he said that collector plates meant I didn't need to run a front plate. I'm getting confused on that issue. I have another daily, so that's not big deal.