Any retired/active military...

LJ

wanna go to DSCC with me and purchase booze for me at the commissary. They have the store there but I can't purchase alcohol as a civilian dammit

Since when was there a commissary at dscc? Is it new? The only one I knew of is at Rickenbacher.. ah, mammeries of driving 30 min to pick up some everclear

It's run by DeCA but they call it the ummmm.... section six or something like that.... I guess it just reopened. Just like the bar on base.... $2.95 for a 22 oz Blue Moon all the time FTW

I can get on and buy. You know where I live.

I can get in too.... I just someone to go with me to buy it, they told me I can buy chips and candy there, why the fuck would I want to walk across base to buy chips and candy when we have a store right in the building....

I'm thinking next weekend after I get paid :)

so since i dont have any military friends to fill me in, how much of a discount is there at these places? ive heard of them before, but not too much detail.

i wonder if theres anyone here at my work who are military...i work right around the corner from DSCC on 5th between yearling and james/stelzer

so since i dont have any military friends to fill me in, how much of a discount is there at these places? ive heard of them before, but not too much detail.

i wonder if theres anyone here at my work who are military...i work right around the corner from DSCC on 5th between yearling and james/stelzer

They wouldn't tell us how much the discount is, but I heard it is pretty steep, as you don't pay state and local taxes on it? I'm not sure.... I work in the curved high rise there... DFAS

so wait...why cant you buy liquor there? because youre not in the military, and work for DFAS?

either way, 8$ for a large bottle is titties. ill have to find a hook up, and when party weekend rolls around, throw them a few bucks per bottle and save some cash

i think my buddy's dad is still working over there...pat haag, or his wife dee haag (i think its short for something...devina maybe?)

so wait...why cant you buy liquor there? because youre not in the military, and work for DFAS?

either way, 8$ for a large bottle is titties. ill have to find a hook up, and when party weekend rolls around, throw them a few bucks per bottle and save some cash

i think my buddy's dad is still working over there...pat haag, or his wife dee haag (i think its short for something...devina maybe?)

Yeah, apparently civilians can't buy alcohol there... it sucks...

and I could look your buddies parent's up on the global, but we have 2500 employees in the building... haha

I don't know, never really bought that much.. I don't recall any rules though.

btw Lance it's called a Class Six.

oh yeah, that's it

Man, I miss my 12 of tall rolling rock bottles for $3.80.

I had a friend that would by a suitcase of the Beast and a 1/5 of jack plus like a bag of chips for $19.05 or something. I know he always took an extra 20 out of the ATM for it.

whoa whoa whoa, cant believe what I started here. I was just asking for anyone who was/is military to go with me on base and pick up some alcohol.

You can buy everclear at the class 6, no problem. Absinthe however is illegal in the entire courntry, so the class six does not carry it. There are 2 things that account for alcohol being cheaper there. Tax free, and no state minumum. Since it is a federal instalation, it is exempt from the state liquor laws.

DSCC's class 6 sucks, go out to Ricken chicken, got a lot better supply of booze out there. Granted if you make the drive Wright Patt is well worth the while if you were to stock up for a nice size party.

I heard they just redid the class six and it is totally different than it used to be. I always hear all the gossip, haha