60 mph + 16 ft boats + choppy water

Sam1647545489

That would be really cool... get a big groupe of us boaters together and take a trip for a weekend to like Cumberland or Dale Hollow. If we go to Cumberland, we put in at State Dock, and go up Harmon creek to the best cove on that damn lake... and after going there for the last 17yrs, i know a good portion of it very well.

Wolf Creek on Dale Hollow makes for some bitchin runs! One bend in particular has a notch out for spectators. That is where a lot of the Big Boys run on Labor Day Weekend.

KillJoy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been goin there for the last couple yrs. Cumberland is the shit but I hear the lake is pretty low right now. There is no 76 falls right now. :( I have a question for you. Is there a way to spray the air intake of these rotax motors with a small shot of nitrous without hurting anything.

Yea the damn dam broke and theyve been dropping the lake down like 20ft a year for the next 3 years then fix it over a year, then raise it back up over the last year.

Well we used a RC Martin kit... i dunno if theyre still around, it was like 10yrs ago when we had that.

I would assume you could spray a small shot into it but youd have to spray premix fuel.. and i dunno how that would work with a standard solinoid. I dont know how well an oil/fuel mix would go through a standard jet either... dunno if the surface tension of the oil would prevent a good mist of fuel.

What do you have?

21 ft 1977 Somerset. Its an old big boat, but it gets up and goes, but i top out around 50-55, that is why i wanna dig, from a roll you will take me.

http://www.personal.kent.edu/~gwheelan/boat/G1.JPG

http://www.personal.kent.edu/~gwheelan/boat/G2.JPG

If my swimming skills were better I would try to join in on all the fun :(

I suck at swimming too, that is why you rely on the boat to float.

Thats called propwalk... and its very easy to lose a prop that way, as well as blowing the motor. If the hull jumps up, and the prop leaves the water, the motor over revs as wells as stops getting water into the motor... but the bad part is the prop hitting the water at high RPM... youll drop it, and the drive in a heartbeat. Thats why race boats have throttle men and they are constantly on and off the throttle.

When we are on Lake Erie we do this all this time. Never had a problem same hull same triples, same props. 8 years now.

21 ft 1977 Somerset. Its an old big boat, but it gets up and goes, but i top out around 50-55, that is why i wanna dig, from a roll you will take me.

http://www.personal.kent.edu/~gwheelan/boat/G1.JPG

http://www.personal.kent.edu/~gwheelan/boat/G2.JPG

I suck at swimming too, that is why you rely on the boat to float.

From a dig he will take you...

As much as I like going fast, I'm not really into going crazy fast on the water. I wish my boat was a bit quicker/bigger; but I'd rather have something for carrying people around and water sports (tubing, wake boarding, slalom skiing, etc.). I don't have a need to go over 60 on the water.

But I'll be the first to admit I drool every time I see a Fountain, Scarab, etc. on the water, even though I'd have much more fun on a wakeboard boat.

When we are on Lake Erie we do this all this time. Never had a problem same hull same triples, same props. 8 years now.

how many RPM are you turning... 5000? If your using a pretty good size prop and turning low rpm you have much less chance of it happening... but if your running like a 14in knife edge prop at 8000... youll tear something up pretty quick doing that... unless the water is like glass... then trim it out baby :D

As much as I like going fast, I'm not really into going crazy fast on the water. I wish my boat was a bit quicker/bigger; but I'd rather have something for carrying people around and water sports (tubing, wake boarding, slalom skiing, etc.). I don't have a need to go over 60 on the water.

But I'll be the first to admit I drool every time I see a Fountain, Scarab, etc. on the water, even though I'd have much more fun on a wakeboard boat.

Right there with you which is why I am looking for a bigger boat to hold more people. I can hold 5 but that front seat is a bad/ rough seat to sit in. This is why I am liking the new seadoo, plenty of speed with seating for 7-8. :cool:

Right there with you which is why I am looking for a bigger boat to hold more people. I can hold 5 but that front seat is a bad/ rough seat to sit in. This is why I am liking the new seadoo, plenty of speed with seating for 7-8. :cool:

that and it has an Arial Atom look to it... with the stainless bars along the sides... What also caught my attention was the 12in draft... thats a seriously shallow hull, and i bet it sits on its ass quite nicely on smooth water. Where it could screw you though is if you pull a tube or skier with a big boy on the end of the rope like i dunno... Linn or Hua... they may be able to jerk the ass end of the boat around if they are swung out far enough... could get you into a hairy spot if you just happen to get so unlucky to hit a roller in just the wrong way. If been able to jerk a few 24ft SeaRays around on a slalom ski... but im a bit bigger than Linn... im sure he sould do it if he tried though.

The only speed limit is a no wake zone, which is idel speed... around 4 or 5mph... other than that, as long as your more than 300ft from shore, you can get as far up on plane as you want.... Fountain sells PLEASURE boats that are garaunteed to hit 121mph right off the showroom floor, after the proper 20hr break in period ;)

Dont forget you can purchase a 5 year ANYTHING warranty with them!