Why haven't I been out racing?

RUTAN TA1647545492

John, have you tried the 3 piece metal gaskets. I have had good luck with them. They seem to handle alot of power and spray with ease. Also when I saw you in your car, I noticed it from a ways back, that color is so nice looking with the polished wheels. :cool:

Thanks again, I told Mike to get a refund from SCE for the junk on my car now and order the fel-pro MLS gaskets. Eastside performance runs them on there nitrous cars(which are some of the fastest in the country) with very little problems over a 350 shot. If all else fails I try cometics, but I heard the lift @ 300? How much has your seen with no problems?(feel free to PM me)

Who built your short block? Sounds like you have a bigger problem than the gasket failing. It failed for a reason.

I have had the block and head surfaces checked and it is only a gasket problem. SCE is retooling to fix the LSx gasket issue,but will take a while to correct.

Thanks again, I told Mike to get a refund from SCE for the junk on my car now and order the fel-pro MLS gaskets. Eastside performance runs them on there nitrous cars(which are some of the fastest in the country) with very little problems over a 350 shot. If all else fails I try cometics, but I heard the lift @ 300? How much has your seen with no problems?(feel free to PM me)

They have seen abunch of 200 shot passes. But I am about to take them to the limit here soon so I will let you know how that goes.

He has tried the SCE. The felpro I am refering to are not the junk blue gaskets. They are a 3 piece MLS system very much like the cometics. They are coated with a polymer that help seal the coolant. I had good luck with the cometics. Any problems I had last year were due to fuel/tune issues that were related to my direct port.

Just saw the Felpro MLS system yesterday. They were I think the .061" thickness, looks like they can take a thrashing or 2. I think it was a guy by the name of Quatarrinco (spelling??) used Yama-bond on his 346 when he was spraying the edelbrock 300 shot. Thing stuck together after the yama-bond. Damn nitrous was pushing water and lifting the heads off the car. It was in an older issue of GMHTP.